Chapter 1

"BANG!" A loud gunshot could be heard as a woman quivered in fear. The silver haired woman screeched in fear as the person who stood in front of her pointed his gun at her,pulling the trigger as blood splattered across the walls,leaving the woman dead on the floor,eyes lifeless as the murderer left her in her pool of blood. "Poe-kun! Turn the tv to a mystery documentary,I'm sure even that would be even more interesting than this," Ranpo shivered,cuddling more into the taller as he pulled the blanket they were sharing to his face,a glass of ramune set to the side.

In all actuality,Poe had known Ranpo was just afraid of the dark and the movie revolved around that so instead,he pulled the smaller flushed to his chest and breathed him in. "You know,I heard this was filmed at a real haunted house," the brunet commented,his fuzzy violet eyes shining with interest. The other snorted and rolled his eyes before turning away from the television.

"Ah,I really do want to go to that place though,it would definitely give me an inspiration to write!"
"Inspiration to write,my ass,"
Ranpo ducked before Poe could punch him softly and smirked. The other scoffed before wrapping himself around the blanket with his lover and looking through his phone.

"The place they filmed it at is nearby here. Since we're not doing anything tonight anyways,you wanna go there?" The older asked,excitement shining in his beautiful eyes. Gosh,he looked so overjoyed,the emerald eyed couldn't say no. Getting up from the couch,the writer got ready,his usual attire put on as he dragged his partner to the room and put his clothes on him,the usual Detective suit.

With a hum,Poe held onto his lover's hand and skipped along to the haunted house they were going to,Ranpo shrugging as he was pulled along. It was a fair walking distance from Poe's mansion so it wasn't that bad,just that Poe had to carry the smaller on his back because he was whining that he was too tired to walk. Finally,after a tiring walk,they arrived at the haunted house,another huge black mansion with dead trees surrounding it,making the atmosphere tense and unforgettable.

The shorter hissed and pushed himself against his boyfriend,like a cat who'd been threatened by a larger predator,when he took a look at the house and tugged on his lover's sleeve. Poe patted his head in comfort and asked if this was too much for him. Puffing out his chest,Ranpo replied in a shaky confidence he was fine. They had taken only a few steps onto the house and it already left the both of them shaking. The inside of the house had a dark grey mat on the floor,designed like a red mat but a different colour,there was a broken chandelier hanging from above and mysterious stairs that led up the mansion. It looked like it was out of a cartoon.

The author gasped as he looked around,eyes wide in awe as he took in the presence of the place,comfort residing in his heart of his own room drenched with darkness. "Okay! I give up! Can we go home now?" The Detective squeaked,hugging onto the taller's arm and his eyes closed in fear. That was weird,Ranpo usually wasn't scared of such horrors and it was unsettling but the other felt a jolt of pride when he realised there was something he was not afraid of unlike the other beside him.

Despite the raven's complaints about wanting to go back home,Poe was too fascinated with the place,ideas and inspiration exploded like a bout of fireworks in his head as he observed everything around him,holding the caped man close to him in an attempt to comfort him. They both scurried up the stairs,looking around a new hallway,rooms in both directions. Ranpo whimpered as he gripped tightly onto the older's arm as he led them to a bedroom,one with a master bed and a desk with writing materials on it.

The violet eyed rushed over,the candy loving man accidentally letting go of his sleeve as he went to look at all of the writing materials.
"Oh wow all of these materials are amazing! They're all so antique it's a miracle we managed to find some here!"
"Poe-kun,please I want to go home. I admit I'm scared please let's just go home and cuddle like just now-"
"Just a few more minutes Ranpo-kun,I want to take a look at everything!"

A miracle they found those shitty materials? It's a miracle they weren't caught yet. Ranpo scowled as he watched his love run out of the room to the next and the next. He sighed as he trudged over to follow him. As if forgetting everything,Poe went about in each room,losing count of how many rooms he had been to and finally got to the last room. "Ranpo-kun! Look,the paintings are so realistic right?" No response was heard. The violet haired turned around,bewildered when his partner wasn't with him.

"Ranpo-kun?" He called out as he stepped out of the room and looked around. Sweat started to form on his forehead as he screamed again. "Ranpo-kun! Come out! This isn't the time to be joking around,we can go home now!" Once again no response was heard. He gulped before walking around and calling out his boyfriend's name repeatedly,ears strained for any signs of his beloved. Grunting,he took out his phone and called his partner hoping he would pick up. A familiar ring tone rang in another room. Poe crept in the room with a quiet "Ranpo-kun?" before his eyes caught onto something on the desk.

Ranpo's phone was ringing but he wasn't there. He walked over over and picked up the phone,something falling onto the floor beside him. Glasses. A specific pair of glasses Ranpo would sacrifice his own life for. He gasped as he looked at the pair of glasses before picking it up,stunned as he looked back at the phone. Knowing his smart lover would leave some sort of clue behind,he checked it and opened an app on his phone called notes. Unfortunately,the only thing on there was not left by a Ranpo but definitely from someone else.

"You should have listened when the light had warned you," it read. The writer clutched the phone,screaming out the detectives name again and again,wishing and hoping it was some kind of horrid prank but no responses came out. He didn't want this,he didn't mean to lose the only light he had.