Extended Summary

All her life, Lucinda Sparrow suffered in the dark; may it be in the dark room of the orphanage she grew up in, or the darkest corners of her mind.

But she was fine. Just fine. In fact, she was quite content with where her life currently was. Sure, she was nothing short of miserable whenever she had to go back to that horrid place, but an escape in the form of a scholarship to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry granted by the headmaster himself made it all better.

She just had to stick it out for seven years before she can finally leave and make a life of her own, far away from the darkness that house in the Borough of Islington brought.

Lucinda often prided herself in having everything figured out. She knew what it is that she had to achieve to get to where she needed to be. And when unexpected things came her way, well... She often took whatever it was and sorted it out on her own, because that's what she was used to. In a house full of adults who didn't care and rowdy kids who had no regard for anyone but themselves, it made sense that she went through things on her own.

For her, everything made sense: being a witch, getting sorted into Ravenclaw, her lessons, her ambitions, her friendship with Sirius Black, her future.

Hell, even her infatuation with James Potter made sense.

After all, being surrounded in darkness all her life made her crave for even the tiniest light he could spare. And if you knew James, you would know that he brought sunshine everywhere he went.

Alas, it also made sense that her infatuation would go unrequited - as someone as bright, and happy, and golden as James Potter would never be attracted to the darkness that seemed to follow her everywhere.

Of course, she could work with that. As long as everything still made sense. Because she didn't know how to deal with variables that just don't fit.

And for her sake, she hoped to whatever entity there was out there that things would remain as they were.

It's truly a tragedy that fate was cruel to everyone, for Lucinda will see just how life can be an unpredictable mess – that no matter what she did, things won't always go the way she expected them to.

———

Phoebe Tonkin as Lucinda Sparrow

Aaron Taylor-Johnson as James Potter

———

Will officially be starting on December 19, 2020.

I'm so excited about starting this. I've been so obsessed with James Potter lately, and there's hardly any fanfics of him available (ofc, bc of Our precious Lilyflower), so I decided to start this!

I really hope I finish this book before school starts up again. I have so much plans for this!