Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Sorciere 8: Combat Class

"You're a demigod, Eris..."

ERIS

The Dark Wolves were special creatures protected by magic. Their furs could harden like needles that contained poison coming from their own blood. We studied their poison for the past years and I was familiar with the antidote. Its poison was a slow acting one and would take a week to reach the heart, if not cured.

Although I had complete knowledge about the Dark Wolves, they weren't easy prey. I still remembered the first time we entered this enchanted forest, I barely escaped these Dark Wolves because of my lack of magic. I couldn't even use a broomstick to escape so I suffered from some wounds and injuries.

But it was different now. I could now cultivate magic and fight them. I just had to avoid being pricked by their furs. The nearest Dark Wolf hungrily lunged at me as I immediately protected myself using a fire encirclement. To the Dark Wolf's horror, it was almost roasted by the fire if it didn't stop itself from jumping at me. The Dark Wolf bared its sharp teeth as its saliva dripped off its mouth—certainly hungry.

Saglit akong nag-isip. Kailangan kong gamitin ang pagkakataong ito upang sanayin ang sarili na gumamit ng mahika. Dahil hindi ko maaaring ipakita sa ibang tao ang kakayahan ko, kailangan kong magsanay nang mag-isa upang maging malakas. I already tested my dark spells so I had to practice other elemental spells. I chose fire and wind this time.

I checked my books about fire and wind and I could sense the Dark Wolves' confusion. I also knew this wasn't the right time to study but I couldn't help it. I went through the list of the magic spells. I knew some basic fire and wind spells. But it was enough since fire and wind were compatible elements.

I returned the books in my storage silver bracelet and brandished my silver dagger, which I bought in the black market, glazed with poison that could paralyze enemies. At dahil hindi rin ako marunong gumamit ng mahika noon, pinayagan nila akong gumamit ng mga armas upang lumaban sa mga kompetisyon at pagsusulit na kailangan ng mahika. Dehado ako pero kailangan kong lumaban upang magtagal sa Sorciere Academy.

I chanted some incantations. Binalot ng malamig na simoy ng hangin ang katawan ko at gumaan ang bawat galaw ko. I used the wind to speed up as I directly lunged at the nearest Dark Wolf. Its bloodshot eyes glared at me with contempt. Ang matatalim nitong ngipin ay nakaabang na sa 'kin.

Fire coated my silver dagger as it slashed through—from its mouth up to the top of its head. Due to its own defense mechanism, its furs inevitably hardened like needles which almost pricked my hands but I swiftly jumped away from it—speeding to my next target.

My victim growled in pain and frustration. The poison on my dagger was dangerous especially when heated by fire, becoming more toxic. The wolf couldn't escape the poisonous gas produced from that feat. Even the poison that cut through its flesh could bring instant death because it would repel the poison from its own blood. I tried my best not to inhale the poison blending in the air. Good thing I could control the wind around me.

I released fireballs and fire spears to some packs of Dark Wolves. They growled more piercingly than I expected as if they were calling for reinforcements. Some of them had already turned to ashes. The wind spell ignited the fire spell I used to incinerate them.

Ramdam ko ang galit na namumuo sa mga Dark Wolves. Dahil dito, sabay-sabay silang sumugod sa 'kin. They bared their sharp teeth and canines, ready to rip my flesh open. I waved my hand in the air, drawing runes, tracing ancient letters as I chanted another incantation.

Wildfire spread throughout the forest, targeting the dark wolves surrounding me. But dread took over me. I abruptly sensed a strong presence rushing to the enchanted forest which the wind warned me of.