two

A/N : Why do I even extending my dream's story...?

Anw, it's been so long since I experienced dating thingy. So I forgot how I... u know, the pet names... 👀
So... This may be cringey, but... Imma use 'baby' and 'bae' for Hanmi and Joon :)

----------

A few days before the reunion, I asked Namjoon if he wanted to go out with me for shopping. I wasn't a shopping type of girl, especially for new clothes and this somewhat new behavior surprised him.

Since his schedule was cleared that day, he decided to join me. It was a coincidence that I called him while he was alone at the dormitory and he had nothing to do other than pushing himself to finish writing for their new songs.

Yup, he even worked on his off days. He even worked when he didn't have to.

We planned to look for a dress and some books for inspirations. Him, for songs and I, for new bracelets and keychains designs.

First, we went to a clothing store. We were happy and relieved that the store wasn't crowded. Plus, there were discount deals. I was clapping like a seal when I found out there were discount deals at the store.

Namjoon had been staying behind me or beside me looking through some dresses. He took one out once in awhile and stretched his arm to check it on me.

I stopped moving forward when I saw a dress that attracted me. I took it out. It was a black, off-shoulder pencil dress with long sleeves reaching the wrist. The skirt was short. It was far from the knee and showing almost half of my thighs.

I held the hanger as the dress stuck and hanging on my body. I displayed it in front of Namjoon and asked, "bae, how is this?"

Namjoon looked at me with another black dress in his hand. His eyebrows furrowed upon seeing me with that dress. "Baby." He tilted his head once before letting out a sigh. "Are you sure you're going for a class reunion?"

I only nodded my head fast with an (unintended) innocent look.

Namjoon almost with a stern tone said, "change that. Choose others."

"Whyyy?! This looks good," I uttered. I pouted my lips.

"It isn't suitable for a class reunion event. Skirt too short."

"No, it isn't."

"Yes, it is."

"What? It's sexy."

"That's why I'm not going to let you buying it happens."

It's not that I understood the reasons why he didn't let me choose that dress, but I decided to obey him. With a pout, I hung the simple, pretty dress back to it's respective position. I whispered at myself, "what should I choose then?"

As though my whisper reached him, he called, "baby," and then stretched his arm in front of me with another black, knee length dress in his grip. My eyes widened at the dress. The design was a little childish to me.

There were small, white flowers printed everywhere on the illusion fabric. The sleeves was also an illusion fabric reached the elbow. Behind the illusion fabric was smooth, stretchable satin. The top hem engulfed the chest part.

I couldn't find a way argument to an argument. Not that I could complain. This design might be childish but, "Oh... kay?"

"You want sexy?" He put the dress near me to check. "There! It's sexy." He paused with eyes squinted and hummed. "And safe too."

I looked nonchalantly at Namjoon with a light pout as I uttered, "why are you like this?"

He only showed me his dimpled smile while letting out half-suppressed laugh.

**********

One more guy.

No, he wasn't my boyfriend. I dislike open relationship, alright? I dislike sharing too. One was enough.

But there's this one man at the college I used to go. He was a clerk at the college. Whenever we passed by, he always showed me a smile and once, I caught him shyly grinning wide as if he just did something that eager him against the library window's reflection.

When I needed to photocopy something at the administration office, he was the one who always came to me and helped but he was often stuttering and restless. Or that's what I saw. Not to forget to mention that his ears were usually as red as a tomato whenever I met him. As far as I remembered, it wasn't his first day working as a clerk there.

To say that he was shy, I didn't think he was. He talked normally with other students, his co-workers and lecturers, but me.

I didn't remember I smelled weird or dressed weird during those days. I didn't remember of intimidating him either.

What did I do?

If you're wondering why I mentioned him; I met him again at the mall. He saw me and I saw him. Namjoon saw him too.

He was alone and had his phone in his hand. First, I noticed his hair. The last time I saw him, he had black hair. He dyed his hair dark brown this time. He wore a grey shirt with dark green hoodie jacket on his body, black jeans as his bottom wear and a pair of black sneakers as his footwear.

I tried to greet him warmly but because of the lack of something I couldn't identify in his smile, I stopped the intention and nodded lightly with a warm smile on my face.

It seemed that Namjoon had seen my action. "Baby, who is that?" He asked.

I looked at him and answered, "someone I know from college."

Namjoon let out an "oh." It sounded distant.

I knew that tone very well. Anybody used that tone when they felt insecure, sad, cared less or trying to suppress their anger. In Namjoon's matter, I was pretty sure he was insecure but he was trying to ignore.

I chuckled at him as I stopped our paces and faced each other. "He's no one, okay?" I told him in a soft tone. "He is someone who I used to be friendly with."

"How friendly?"

I stretched one of my cheeks to the side as I hummed. "It's like I often go back and forth the admin office to get stuff. And..." I paused and hummed some more. "I guess that's all."

"How many people are your friends at the college before?"

"Just anybody I could be friendly. The rest, meh!"

Namjoon chuckled. "I see. Does that mean you're friends with the janitor too?"

I laughed. "Not to that extent. The janitor at the college. He's a scary one."

The man beside me chuckled again, showing his dimples lightly as he did.

We ended the topic there.

We went to a fast food restaurant to rest and satisfy our hunger. I didn't expect to see Im Changkyun again. Our eyes met and we were only greeting each other without words but a light, quick smile and a nod, yet again.

He was kind to me before, but why did it felt like he was so far at the moment?

To comfort myself, I thought that maybe it was because we hadn't met for quite a long time.