🧸

a blanket of silence fell over the dorm, both men afraid to speak and make it true. make it real.

dream let out a huff of protest. "...i took the room on the left. don't go near it." 

"i don't want to be near you right now." a scoff was heard.

"i don't have time for this." before wilbur could retort, dream turned around and walked towards his room, slamming the door behind him. 

"i-...i-..." the brunette grabbed his head in frustration and slammed it against the wall. "I SHOULD BE UPSET WHY IS HE OH MYGDOHGIUDSBK." 

"SHUT UP." 

wilbur yanked his belongings off of the ground and went to unpack.

🧸

setting up his room was almost enough to make wilbur forget about his new and definitely unwanted roommate. 

almost. 

still, ignoring the other life form that was currently in his shared dorm, he carried pride in his small room. he had his two guitars mounted on the wall, fairy light strung across all the walls of his room. polaroids decorated the wall where the window was, and small plants were dotted across his windowsill. he kept the window open and let the sun beam across his room. he replaced a bed with a hammock, for space and for comfort. as the wind blew in, the tan hammock swung with it. 

"WILBURRRR~~" if wilbur had a dollar for how many times his friends had shit timing, he would be stupidly rich. 

he walked out only to meet dream watching Yurii on Ice!! on the tv. the blond, still wearing his white mask, only met his eyes for a couple of seconds before returning his attention to the tv. wilbur mumbled something that closely resembled "stupid ugly cunt." he sighed before twisting open the wooden door that looked like it was about to fall off it's hinges. 

"sup slut." alex walked in, seemingly not noticing the figure on the couch. "wow wilbur.. this is really nice!" tubbo walked in, his eyes beaming at the (in wil's opinion) unimpressive dorm room. tommy, phil, and techno followed suit. 

"see wil! it wasn't as bad as you thought." phil smiled at him. 

"yeah," alex chimed in, "dream isn't your roommate so no troubles there!"

"so i'm classified as trouble now?" the group (aside from wilbur) flinched at the voice, no one daring to turn towards the origin of the sound. 

"what else would i classify you as?" wilbur shot back, obviously cranky at the entire situation. 

"whatever makes you happy, soot" 

"eat a dick."

"bold of you to assume i'm a bottom."

"OKAYY." phil jumped in. "can we PLEASE handle this like mature adul-" 

"oh my god is that Yuri on Ice!!" 

phil and techno walked past wilbur (who was in a state of shock by his friend's behavior) and sandwiched dream on the couch. alex, tommy, and tubbo glanced at wilbur.

"oh come ON. not you guys too..." the three teens shot wilbur a pity smile before heading towards the group huddled together on the couch. shock slowly turning into anger, wilbur felt his eyebrows furrow as he stormed towards the blond on the couch. 

"what is your PROBLEM?!?!" 

"how is me having friends giving you issues?" 

"THEY AREN'T YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS!"

"denial's the first stage."

wilbur rolled his eyes. "that's for grieving, dumbass." 

dream stood up and walked towards wilbur (and the kitchen), grabbing a glass of water. "don't look me in the eyes, dream." 

"shiver me timbers."

"you motherfu-" 

the taller was interrupted by three consecutive knocks on the door, followed by a "OPEN UP SEXY!" dream let out a snort before opening the door. 

"why are you here sapnap?" 

"we aren't allowed to visit our friend?" george interrupted, pushing past both men only to make eye contact with wilbur. a smirk made it's way onto his face. 

"oh.... this is fun." wilbur let out a whine before stomping his feet and throwing himself onto the couch in pity. wilbur felt the couch dip beside him. 

"real mature.." alex leaned in and giggled into his ear. wilbur just groaned and shoved him away, ignoring the infuriating laugh coming from the teens mouth. 

"see.. as much as i'm enjoying this family reunion.. my professor needs me so.. bye!" all the energy wilbur was drained of magically reappeared at the blond's words. he shot up, resulting in alex's head smacking the couch with a loud "OW WHAT THE FUCK?!" following shortly. 

"YOU caused this," wilbur jabbed his finger into dream's chest, "then YOU fix it." dream's playful demeanor quickly diminished, and was quickly replaced by an emotion wilbur couldn't explain, his green eyes darkening by the second. the blond raised his eyes to meet wilbur's, a gasp leaving the taller's mouth. 

"first of all, soot. i did NOT 'cause' this." dream started, emphasizing words to prove his point in this (if you ask phil) petty argument. "as far as i know, YOU invited YOUR friends here, i did not. whether you knew i was your roommate or not, you still invited them. so why the FUCK are you trying to blame this petty shit on me? does that REALLY make you feel better about your sad, miserable life?" the taller was lost for words, his mouth hung open like a fish gasping for air. the blond took one look at everyone squeezed into the tiny dorm before storming out, almost breaking the poor door in the process. another thick silence fell over the group.

"good job wilbur."

"shut up techno." 

A/N HIHIHI i finally updated lol. sorry that i've been like.. dead.. for 3 days. finals week is finally coming to an end, and winter break is like.. two days away. i'll use that time 2 update as much as i can :) if you have anything 2 say abt the story, pls comment :) i wanna hear feedback since y'all are the ones reading this. thanks :) stay safe luvs <3 

TIME PUBLISHED: 12:37PM