Broken

Hello! I hope you enjoy my Greenflame one shot book! Please leave a like and comment, I would love to hear your feedback! Also, if you have any ideas for requests pertaining the Lego Ninjago series, please comment and let me know!

Changes I've made:
-Character storyline had been altered
-Misako is not with Nya and Lloyd
-Lloyd receives his power a different way

"Harumi." A whisper escaped Lloyd's voice as he stared off into the distance towards the girl who had a look of fear in her face as she stood standing at the roof of the collapsing building. Lloyd just stood there and watched, holding Skylor's unconscious body in his arms, a look of denial and sadness on his face, yet surprisingly managed to hold it straight. He felt powerless, but at the same time knew he couldn't do anything. Even with his powers. Harumi had caused him pain and heartbreak. He trusted her, only for her to betray him in the end.

He sensed something different in her though. He sensed a change, yet, he wasn't certain.
She had stolen his father and manipulated him to the dark lord he was in his full appearance, replacing him. Yet, it seemed like all the anger from before left him as he watched the building collapse to the ground, the sound of his father screaming in misery could be heard echoing.

Lloyd didn't realize a tear had escaped his eye before feeling it itch from lingering on his face too long. He wiped it away and snapped out of his trance when Dareth yelled out, "I hate to break the moment, but we got company!" He pointed out to the mega glowing purple stone creature, Garmadon's
Colossus as it marched back towards them in the distance. Gasping, Lloyd turned back around and began to drag Skylor's unconscious body back to the roof entrance room.

He recalled Skylor and Kai's relationship. The two really seemed to have a bond as Lloyd's kind began to get clouded with their romantic moments together; even just the two of them talking came off that way to him. He glanced at the girl and then back towards him, the weight of hers slowing him down. Why was he feeling this way all of a sudden? He couldn't answer himself. Jealousy? But for what? He squinted his eyes shut for a moment, trying to clear his mind again, it was only making him more upset. He must be feeling this way because he had just lost someone who was close to him.

He wondered how things would've been if he actually sided with Harumi. Would she still eventually gain legitimate feelings for him? Would he have obtained his father's love despite the man he once knew was no more? Too many questions and too many possibilities. What's done is done. He's the green ninja, that's his title. Though, ever since his power's were gone, he began to doubt being it anymore. His destiny is to protect Ninjago. He has the blood of the first Spinjitzu master. He's part Oni. There's no room for him to take his father's way.
He's not like his childhood self anymore.

"Lloyd, hurry up! It's almost here!" Nya yelled out, holding the exit door wide open as the sound of the Colossus's stone feet could be heard echoing closer in the distance. Lloyd glared as he tried to pick up the pace, the weight of Skylor was gaining on him. Without his powers, things had been way more difficult. He eventually pulled through and left, Nya shutting the door as they ran to the streets. "We gotta head to the Battle Wagon!" Nya yelled out as the roar of the Colossus neared them, the sound of things crashing echoed through the city. The vision of Harumi stilled flashed before him. First the rest of his friends, the Ninja were gone stuck in the realm of Oni and Dragons with no idea when they'll return, now Harumi gone.

Stop caring for her. She betrayed, manipulated, and hurt you. Most importantly, he missed Kai's protective self against him. Kai always went out of his way to protect him. He never even asked, he just instinctively tended to him the most, like he was his brother. Lloyd definitely felt something towards the other boy, he felt grateful. Without Kai rescuing him way back in the volcano, he wouldn't be here. Ninjago would've totally been different. It's all thanks to Kai. He can't let his life go to waste when it was saved by him. He's here for a purpose and that purpose is to protect the people of Ninjago and restore the balance of good and evil.