Chapter Ten

It was the morning after the first Islander was dumped from the Villa, and all was quiet... Well, except Noah's snoring, and Marisol's sleep-talking. One Islander, Alecto, didn't appear to have had the best sleep.

For goodness sake! How does Hope sleep with Noah snoring so loud? If she can cope with that, they're meant for each other. You naturally wake up early, but because of the noise, and the kiss, you haven't been able to sleep much at all. At best, you've had 4 hours of sleep which isn't great, but at least you'll be somewhat functional after coffee. Only issue here is your temper can be very easily triggered, you don't have as long a tether compared to when you're well rested.

She turned to look at Rocco. He had kicked all his sheets to the bottom of the bed, revealing his chiseled body. His hands rested cupped over his lower abs. His face was the picture of serenity. She looked around the room. At first, in the gloom, she thought no one else had stirred. Then she noticed Lottie sitting straight up in bed, staring at her. Her long, colourful hair was dangling in front of her face. She smiled.

"Alecto."

Okay, we appear to be pretending everything's okay, that nothing happened. You can probably do this, if you try. She seems fine, like she hasn't had last night repeating in her head, for so long. You've been silent for far too long now, it's a little funny that one of the two people who's been occupying your thoughts recently is the one who talks to you at whatever time this is.

"You made me jump." She kept her voice quiet enough to not wake up the other Islanders.

"Good. I like doing that. I'm great at it."

So are you! But that's more that you're so quiet people forget you exist and jump when you talk kind of thing. You've had to deal with too many comments about how quiet you are.

She heard a rustling sound. Across the room, Gary sat up and looked at her.

"Oi! Keep it down you two. Some of us are trying to sleep off an...active night. Marisol and I had a great time last night. If you know what I mean..."

Even if that is true, you heard nothing. Apart from snoring and the tears in the bathroom of course. And gossiping about people is hardly good. Also is this his way of trying to make you jealous? If so, that's so petty, and shady. Never mind Rocco, Gary keeps sending you red flags.

"Would she be cool with you sharing that?" Alecto tried to subtly signal to Lottie her doubts about Gary's comment, using only her eyes. Lottie's expression remained blank, with no way of showing she picked it up.

Oh for goodness sake! Is everyone so oblivious here?

"Marisol's cool. I mean, it's gonna be obvious with everyone sharing this room. Hardly private." He said, looking oblivious.

"That's nice and presumptuous of you..." There was a clear bite to Lottie's words.

Even Lottie is defending Marisol! Which, considering how they clash, is big.

Alecto saw Marisol emerge from under the covers. She rubbed her eyes before fixing a frown at Gary.

"What are you talking about? It was just a small peck on the lips."

Yep, that does make sense. He shouldn't have lied, that was wrong of him.

"Oh, erm, it seemed like more to me..." Gary floundered, faced with his lie.

"How? It was just a little peck to say 'goodnight'. I was just being friendly." Marisol snapped, clearly fed up with his lie.

"Well it still felt special." He protested.