Part Six: My Darling Ordinary Hostage

I begin to think about what I can do to get those detonators back. I see Hans tapping his fingers on the desk, obviously stressing about the detonators. Suddenly an idea suddenly hits me.

"I have an idea," I say. "And what might it be?" Hans asks.

"Do you trust me?" I ask. "But of course." He responds. "Give me the radio and your gun," I say. "Absolutely not," He says with a laugh.

"This might make the difference between detonators and no detonators. Now give me.... the gun and the radio." I say as I hold out my hand.

I see him contemplate it for a second before he sighs.

"Shoot her if she tries anything," Hans says to the other men as he hands it over. They then stand up straight and put their finger on the trigger, ready to put me down.

"Thank you," I say as I check to see if there is a bullet in the chamber.

There was an entire magazine full of bullets. I take a deep breath and press the talk button on the radio.

"John. John. Are you there?" I say in a whimpering voice through the radio. "Who is this?" John asks.

"It's Scarlett, the girl that bumped into you at the party," I say, still whimpering. "What's wrong. What's happening?" He asks, frantically. "They've started shooting hostages. They're gonna kill me unless they get those detonators." I say. I hear him sigh and begin to speak.

"Scarlett. Listen to me very carefully. You are gonna be just fine." He says. "I don't want to die. Please." I say, faking a cry. "Dammit, I don't have enough time!" He says. I hold the radio towards Hans and instruct him to talk.

"Five seconds Mr. Cowboy," Hans says and I smile. "John help. Please." I plead through the radio. "Dammit, I need more time !" He now yells through the radio.

I hold the talk button as I fire a shot into the ceiling. I hold the radio out the door so he'll be able to hear everyone's screams.

"Dammit, Hans you mother fucker! She didn't do anything!" John screams into the radio. "Until I get those detonators, one will be shot every hour. Good day, Mr. Cowboy." Hans says through the radio.

"Witty girl." He tells me. "We can fake another one being shot until the detonators are returned," I say.

"Who is this John?" Hans asks. "John Mcclane. He was a good friend of Takagi's." I say, lying so he doesn't get to Holly.

Right before Hans begins to say something, I suddenly see bright, white lights coming in through the window.

"What is that?" I ask. Hans quickly gets up and goes to the window. He looks down at the cops on the ground.

"They're coming, everyone get ready." He says through the radio.

"Alright listen up guys." I hear Theo say through the radio. "Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring. Except! The four assholes coming in the rear in standard 2 by 2 cover formation." He says and I hold a laugh back.

However, I could tell that nothing was going to go wrong by how calm Hans was.

It suddenly hit me, their lights were the only way they could see into the building. I quickly got up and ran to the window where Hans was and I cracked it open.

"What are you-" He asks but it is cut off by gunfire.

I quickly take four shouts, shooting out the lights on the ground. Once it goes black I look to my left and see Hans smiling.

"You've proven yourself most useful darling." He says. "What was that about not being an ordinary terrorist?" I say as he laughs and quickly kisses me again.

"Oo, what do we have here gentlemen. The police have themselves an RV." Theo says through the radio as we see a tactical car pull up. The RV suddenly drives up the stairs and I see something blow it up.

"Good God!" I say as I laugh. "Hit it again," Hans tells them.

"Hans you mother fucker, you made your point! Let them pull back!" John yells through the radio. "Thank you, Mr. Cowboy, I'll take it under advisement," Hans says sarcastically.

"Hit it again," Hans responds. "Fire," Hans says and the car gets hit again.

As we watch the scene unfold outside, we all feel a giant shake. It knocks me off my feet and into Hans's lap. We quickly stand up and try to figure out what happened.

"They used the artillery on us." Franco frantically says as he runs into the room. "It's not the police, it's him," Hans says.

"Fuck it. Hopefully, he blew himself up. We can't waste any more time on this asshole." Hans says. "Then what do we do?" I ask. "I must go check with Theo. Until then, stay here and shoot this man if he turns up." Hans says to his men as he refers to John.

He quickly stands up and grabs my hand. He drags me out into the room with the hostages and leads me into the elevator.

As it begins to move, I shiver due to the cold. I see him take off his blazer and give it to me. "Thank you," I say.

"I don't understand." He says, which confuses me.

"You don't understand what?" I ask. "How did you know to shoot the lights?" He asks.

"The men in the lobby had light but were being blinded by the police's light. I figured if I shot them out that the Police would be blinded by the sudden change in lighting. It would give your men a cleaner shot." I say as I see him chuckle.

"My darling, ordinary hostage." He says as he puts his hands around the back of my neck and kisses me. I feel his warm lips on mine and I instantly begin to warm up.

I never wanted to leave this moment until the elevator doors opened and he grabbed my hand.

We then walk to the vault where I see a man with what looks like a drill, sitting in front of the vault.