Part Twelve: At Least I'll Die Hard

After Hans tells him to drop the gun, John hesitates and keeps the automatic weapon in his hand.

Hans pushes the 9 mm into her temple, surely leaving a circular mark. I see Eddie raise his weapon at John out of the corner of my eye. "Noch Nicht." (Not yet.) I say to him. "Dies ein ist mein" (this one's mine.) Hans says to him. Eddie puts down his weapon as we continue to watch the two men.

"This time John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly," Hans tells him.

"It was Gary Cooper shithead," John says as he sets down his gun and a pit forms in my stomach.

The realization creeps in that Hans may not make it out of this one.

"I'm not playing McClane, I'll drop her. The only woman I care that lives is holding a 9 mm in her hand." Hans says as John looks at me and my gun.

"No more jokes. Drop it or she gets it between the eyes." Hans says.

"So you're a romantic cowboy now?" John asks as Hans practically seethes anger. "What was it that you told me? Yippee Ki Yay. Muda Fucka." Hans says with a very prominent German accent.

John turns to respond to Hans and I see it. A beretta strapped to his upper back.

"It's taped to his back!" I yell to Hans as I draw my weapon and take a shot into John, surely hitting his ribs. I see him go down as Holly breaks free of Han's grip.

I see John shoot Eddie from the ground, and he hits the floor as well. But I knew for sure that he was dead.

I run to Hans and he covers my eyes as I hear him throw something. One of the mini, blinding explosives hits the ground and activates.

I hear Holly and John groan as it blinds them. Hans pulls me towards the door as I hear four gunshots ring out.

I hear Hans groan at the second shot and find that he had been shot. I didn't know where but it must have been fatal because he could still run.

I heard the third and fourth shot and I screamed. I felt the hot metal go through my thigh and shoulder blade, the pain was absolutely piercing.

Hans sees the hole in my thigh and he throws me over his shoulder.

He briefly stops and grabs the last two cases of bonds. This was when I realized how strong he really was because he was carrying me and two bags of bonds, with a bullet lodged in him.

He sprints down the stairs as I try not to focus on the pain from the shot.

After 30 flights of stairs Hans runs out and we find a van waiting on us.

"Where's everybody else?" Theo asks as he opens the doors and I see all the other cases of bonds and Fritz sitting in the back. "Dead. We need to go." Hans says as he gently sets me and the other two cases in the back, as well as himself. He closes the doors as I sit on the floor in pain.

"There are medical supplies on the plane. You just have to stay alive until we get there." Hans says as he unties his tie and uses it as a makeshift tourniquet on my thigh. "Can you do that for me?" He asks as he runs his hand over my cheek. I nod my head as I groan in pain.

"What about you?" I ask as I notice the hole in his shoulder that was bleeding.

"I've been shot before, This is nothing," Hans says as he pulls the bullet out of his shoulder. "You, however. You've come too far. Do not die on me." He says as I see his eyes become glossy.

"I'll try but if I do, at least I'll Die Hard," I say as he laughs through glossy eyes.