Part Eleven: What Were You Doing On The Roof

As I help load the bonds into the case, I hear the radio. I put it up to my ear and listen to it again. "What were you doing on the roof Hans?!" I hear McClane say.

"He doesn't realize he has the radio on," I say in my head.

"McClane's going for the explosives. Go! Go!" I say as Karl quickly runs out of the vault and up the stairs. "How did you know he's going for the explosives?" Hans asks. I pull the radio off my waistband and hold it up.

"His stupid ass doesn't realize that he's holding down the talk button at this very moment," I say as we hear the sound of John running, coming from the radio.

"The helicopters should be here soon anyway. Get the bonds loaded quickly." Hans instructs as the men move faster.

Hans and I practically sprint to the office and look through the window. We see Helicopters in the distance and we both smile. As we walk out of the room to go back to the vault, we hear the portable TV.

"Because he's a very brave policeman. And your mom has shown just as much courage. But is there something you would like to say to them if they're watching?" The KFLW newscaster asks Holly's kids on live TV.

"Come home." her daughter says in a small voice.

I see Han's eyes light up as he makes eye contact with Holly. He picks up the knocked over picture frame on her desk. He sees the family portrait of Holly, John, and their kids and smiles.

When he turns back around he makes eye contact with Holly once again and he holds it. "Misses Mcclane. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Hans says as he pulls his 9 mm out of his jacket pocket and fires it into the air. I see Holly flinch as everyone else screams.

"Take them to the roof!" Hans yells at his other men in the room. "You will be coming with us," Hans says as he grabs Holly by her arms. He drags her down to the vault as I follow beside them.

"A little bonus for us," Hans says as he shoves Holly down. "Sit down!" Hans yells at her as she sits down with a nasty look on her face.

"The policeman's wife might come in handy," Hans tells Theo.

"Mclane I have some news for you," I say into the radio. "Mcclane? Mcclane?" I ask and I get no response as I switch channels. "Karl? Karl?" I ask and I get no response from him. Hans looks confused as he waves himself off.

"Hurry," Hans tells the other men.

Theo closes the lid of one of the stuffed cases and leaves the room.

"Hostages are locked on the roof." I hear Uli say through the radio. "Perfect. Now get your ass back down here." Hans tells him.

"After all your posturing, all your speeches. You're nothing but a common thief." Holly says.

This snaps something In Hans and he runs at her.

"I am an exceptional thief Mrs. Mcclane. And now that I'm moving up to the kidnapping. You should be more polite." Hans says, seething.

We continue to load the bonds up extremely fast as something catches the corner of my eye. I see hostages flooding the thirtieth floor.

"They're coming back down!" I say panicked. "Blow the roof Now!" Hans yells to Kristoff.

"But Karl and Uli are up there," Kristoff objects, worriedly. "I said blow it!" Hans yells as I reach for the remote detonator myself.

I quickly press the button and I feel the whole building shake.

We all regain a foothold on the floor as we see flaming debris falling off the side of the building. I see pieces of a helicopter engulfed in fire as it falls down the side of a building.

"Holy shit," I say to myself.

Holly covers her head from falling debris as we all work 10 times faster loading the bonds.

We get the last bit of the bonds into the case and pick them up. "Let's move," Hans says. Eddie grabs the last bag of money and bonds then puts them onto the cart. He sticks his head out the door to scope out our escape. He suddenly knocked out cold.

"Fuck." I say under my breath.

"Hans." I hear John say in a sarcastic way as he steps into the room.

He looked absolutely awful. His once white tank top was now brown, his face and body were bleeding, and he was covered in debris.

"Where's Karl?" I ask, knowing I sent him after John. "Hanging by a metal chain," John says as I pull my gun.

"Uh uh. I still have one in the chamber. Years worth of firing range hours taught me how to drop both of you with one bullet." John says.

I hesitantly pull my finger from the trigger but keep the gun in my hand.

As he tries to keep his balance on his hurt leg, he looks over at Hans who now has a gun to Holly's head.

"So that's what it was. A fucking robbery." John says, staggering his breathing. "So why nuke the building, Hans?" John asks.

"When you steal six hundred dollars, you can disappear...but when you steal six hundred million, they will find you...unless you play dead. Which happens to be your next role. Drop your gun, please." Hans explains.

I have a lot of faith in Hans but at this moment, I have no idea what's gonna happen......