Chapter 16- Jesus to a Child

author's note: hello again. i'm so sorry for the wait. i've been busy with finals😃🔫  i know how annoying it can be when an author takes forever to update. and if any of you have finals right now:
1. i love that you're avoiding studying to read my story because SAME.
2. good luck. y'all are bad bitches and you can do it. i believe in you.
now, you horny touch-deprived bottoms, enjoy Chapter 16🥰.
*smut warning*

A week later we had just returned from a case in Pennsylvania. Garcia asked if the the team wanted to go out to eat after dinner, but Emily and I had planned our date for that night so we turned her down.

The rest of the team, except for Hotch, said yes, however, so we didn't feel too bad about it.

"Well, I hope that the dinner with your old friend is fun and Emily, don't spend too much time on paperwork. It'll melt your brain," Garcia says to Emily and I.

I had told Garcia that I couldn't come because I was having dinner with an old friend from college and Emily said that she needed to catch up on work.

"Hey, I'm gonna stay for a little while longer to finish up this paperwork," Emily says to me, stopping me before I got up to leave, grabbing my wrist. "Okay, sounds good. I'll see you later," I say, giving her a wink.

Reid clears his throat and I turn to look at him. Emily lets go of my wrist and shifts in her seat. I still hadn't told her that Reid had heard us on the plane.

"You ready?" he says. "Yep," I reply before flashing Emily a quick, tight-lipped grin and beginning to walk towards the elevator. I had offered to give Reid a ride home because his car had broken down a few days ago.

I press the button to the elevator and we stand in front of the metal doors waiting for them to open. "So, an old friend, huh?" Reid says, still looking in front of him.

I shake my head before mumbling, "Shut up". He chuckles as the doors open and we step inside. "Is this your guys' first date?" he questioned me as he pressed the button for the bottom floor.

"Maybe," I say hesitantly. "Nervous?" he continues. "What? No," I say defensively, turning to look at him. He raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes. "Okay, maybe a little," I admit.

"Well, I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I've known Emily for two years now. She likes you. A lot," he assures me and I smile to myself a little.

The doors open and we begin the walk to my car.

***

After I drop Reid off at his apartment, I head back to my place to get ready.

"So, what are our options?" Angie asks, sitting on my bed as I look through my closet. I invited her over to help me get ready. "Well, I'm not exactly sure where we're going to eat," I say to her.

"Just go with something semi-formal," Angie suggests and I nod. "Okay, what about this," I say, holding up an off white, satin dress that cuts off above the knee with a minimalist, pink, floral pattern.

"That's perfect, oh my gosh," Angie says excitedly. I slip the dress on and look in the mirror. "I don't know. Maybe it's too much," I say. "No, it's not. You look hot. Don't doubt yourself," Angie says and I nod.

I walk into my bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I decide on some loose, big curls with a pearl, beaded headband. I keep my makeup simple and sweet with some winged liner, blush, and mascara.

I finish the look off with a pearl-beaded purse to match my headband and some strappy off-white heels.

"I swear, if she shows up wearing jeans I am going to die of embarrassment," I say as my nerves begin to flutter in my stomach. "Hey look at me," Angie says, grabbing my shoulders and turning me to face her.