twentyfour

"mayor reyes," noble coast stood before me, taking samuel reyes's hand in a firm handshake. 

both the men smiled shortly but respectfully, before parting, to glance in my direction. i offered mayor reyes a warm smile before taking his hand as well. 

he clearly wore hidden muscles under his suit as i had to bite my teeth together to restrain from whimpering as he held my hand almost as if in an attempt to break the bones inside. 

i turned around facing coast with wide eyes as i shook my hand in the air shortly, checking that it in fact wasn't broken, coast's lips spreading into an amused smile. 

"shut up," i mumble, staring straight ahead, as the mayor had turned his back towards us, leading the way inside his home. 

i have said nothing, coast spoke inside my mind. 

the house was larger than any house i had been inside, forgetting about the castle which wouldn't exactly classify as a house. he did live in one of the highest towns on the mountains, closest to the king, so i would have expected nothing less. it was, however, different to see through your own eyes, than imagining. 

we followed behind up a single staircase, and i felt nothing short of pure happiness, seeing only that single staircase. in my own observation, i had spend at last days just running up and down the million of steps in the castle, if it were to be added up. 

"here we are," we paused in front of a door, as the mayor turned the knob revealing his guest bedroom. "we can discuss business during dinner in a few hours. what you do until then, i won't comment on. good evening," 

samuel reyes was a tall, respected man. his tone was clear, loud and secure as he spoke, closing the door, leaving both me and coast inside the room. 

"not to be rude, but do we not get separate rooms?" i question, frowning as i glance towards coast, who seems just as confused as myself. 

don't get me wrong, it was terribly nice for the mayor to even just open his house up to us, but it seemed a bit strange to put the king's mate and one of his nobles in the same room. 

"what you do until then, i won't comment on?" coast repeated what he had said before leaving, and i simply shook my head with a slight shrug. 

i sat down on the bed in the middle of the bedroom, feeling like my legs were about to disappear beneath me. i had hated even the idea of this entire trip from the beginning, and it only seemed to get worse. 

"yes, coast?" 

suddenly, like was he right next to me, mercer, - north's  voice spoke. i glance to my side, and my heart seemed to skip a few beats as i gasped, rolling off the bed. 

there, straight in front of coast, stood mercer. north, dammit. 

his figure had a slight dark tone to it, like was he standing in darkness, but the windows in the room should be lighting him up better than what they were.