Sequel!

Hello again! Last update, I promise.

I just released the first chapter of the sequel to this book. It's called 'Astraphobia', which means 'fear of thunder and lightning'. Yes, I am proud of that title. 

Together we'll explore George's life after having returned from outside the wall, and the challenges he faces. 

Here's a little sneak peak for chapter 2:

"We can stay in the car if you want," he tells me, studying my face. I nod, my eyes glued to the wall across the road, standing tall and menacingly. A couple of moments pass in silence.

"Did something happen? At therapy?" Clay asks, and I turn my head to him.

"Not really," I answer, switching back to study the bricks that make up the barrier. I never gave it a good enough look to remember what it was supposed to do. It's tall, meant to keep intruders out, and to keep citizens in. They can't force anyone to stay, though, otherwise it would have probably been lined with spikes, or electric fencing.

I remember the silent rule of the outskirts: you don't return, because you'll endanger the people you return to. The Hyenas know who you are, and if they want revenge, they'll get it. We may have slowed them down, taking members of the pack with us, but I can't imagine them accepting a defeat like that. They'll recuperate. Did we make a mistake?

"We can go," I say, tearing my eyes away and looking at the road instead.

I hope to see you all again there!

Love,

Ems <3