Chapter 11: Singing

After Lin Yiri finished speaking, he found himself in a strange quiet.

Su Min broke the silence first, "Find out which dorm she is in."

Their ascent to the fourth floor must have a purpose; they had to search for a specific dorm room.

The closer they got to the singing voice, the clearer it became. However, the lyrics themselves grew more muddled, as if the singer started to hum instead.

"Midway here," Lin Xiao Yan began, "I called her name, but just like Zhang Yuan, she didn't answer me."

It was as if her whole body had been controlled.

"If she dies, the next victim will be you," Su Min said.

Listening to his words, Lin Xiao Yan's back became drenched in a layer of cold sweat. When she recalled past events, her whole person started to become despondent.

She couldn't imagine what she would look like when her time comes.

Lin Yiri said, "Don't worry, we'll soon uncover the identity of that ghost and save you in time."

The singing continued as they walked.

Lin Xiao Yan listened and said, "It should be this room."

She pointed to the fourth to last room that had its door covered up. A mysterious singing could be heard from inside.

The door was marked with the number 414.

The fourteenth room on the fourth floor.

Using the number '4' two times in a row was common in horror movies1.

So, perhaps this dorm room would give him the key information necessary to solve this mystery.

As the female lead, Lin Xiao Yan had been completely unaffected by past matters. Today, the director arranged for her to take the stage and follow Chen Ke, so it must result in her collecting heavyweight clues.

Heavyweight = The case was about to be solved.

In this kind of horror movie, once the final secret is uncovered, the ending usually follows shortly after.

Unlike every dorm room around it, this room didn't have the piece of red paper covering its lock. Instead, the red paper was laying on the ground, as if it had been torn off.

Su Min's sight fell on the red paper and said, "Wait."

"What's wrong?" Lin Yiri asked curiously.

Su Min picked up the paper then placed it inside his pocket. "Okay, now let's go in."

http://naedatranslations.home.blog

Taking the lead, he pushed the door open.

Instantly, the singing halted. The scene inside the dorm frightened the three people.

A long figure hung high inside the room, dangling about.

Outside the balcony, the moonlight illuminated through the glass and casted a dark shadow on one side of the figure. As it swayed, it resembled clothes that drifted about in the carefree winds.

Hanging from the ceiling fan with her head drooping low was Chen Ke.

Su Min was only stunned for a moment before he quickly recovered. "Get her down, maybe she's still alive."

He went up to hold her legs and, with the help of Lin Yiri, managed to get Chen Ke down. Holding a finger below her nose, he didn't feel a breath.

Another person had died.