Exhaustion

Time seemed to move ever so slowly. As you sat in your office, signing off on paper after paper, reviewing documents and scanning blueprints, your desktop clock barely moved. Something about this day had made you particularly exhausted. Perhaps it was the plethora of meetings, or the overflow of people visiting your office to drop off even more work. Ever since you and Kuvira had decided to conquer beyond the Earth Empire, you had been swamped, and today was particularly awful. You managed to sign off on your final document, shoving it aside with a sigh and leaning back in your chair, if only for a moment. Relief washed over you as you closed your eyes, quickly falling into something like half sleep. Your body relaxed, and soon you forgot entirely of your troubles.

You awoke to the sensation of your shoulders being rubbed, familiar hands working the sore muscle like they knew it from memory. You groaned, exhaling softly and not even bothering to open your eyes, knowing that it was Kuvira standing over you. She had slid off your metal shoulder plates and was gently working the area, forcing her way through each knot in the most delightful of manners. It was so relaxing that you felt as though you were melting, and soon your muscles were nothing but a pile of sunken flesh, complete mush.

Kuvira turned your chair around, gloved hands grazing over your face. She rested them at your neck before settling herself in your lap. You placed your hands on her hips, and she kissed your forehead, looking at you tenderly. "Sleeping on the job, are we?" she teased, her eyes bright. For some reason, she was happy.

"Only for a minute." You tilted your head into Kuvira's touch, again shutting your eyes. She leaned in and kissed your cheek, then just below your ear, her lips floating there, a ghost of a touch.

"I think perhaps we should both get off early," she whispered, kissing your jaw. Her lips met yours as she said, "for personal business."

She kissed you sweetly, her lips barely moving with yours as you sleepily responded. Kuvira knew you were tired, knew you wanted nothing more than to fall asleep in bed in her arms, and it reflected in the way she kissed you. She was gentle, tame, but still passionate, tongues brushing ever so softly. With a small, deep hum, she pulled away, her hands now cupping your red face. Her thumbs drifted along your cheeks, making you blush, and she looked at you endearingly. "Meet me in our quarters by five, alright, love?"

"Yes, ma'am," you said, some excitement in your voice. Kuvira slid from your lap, rounding the desk and leaving the office without another word. You spun back around, facing your desk and the clock that sat on it. Only twenty minutes, then it was just you and Kuvira. Twenty minutes, and then you could rest all you want. You picked up a stack of papers and began to read through them as time suddenly seemed to move much, much faster.

——————
You entered your quarters at 4:59, immediately peeling off your jacket and belt, armor and all. You switched your daily uniform for a gray tank top and some sleep shorts, stretching your arms above your head and yawning. When you opened your eyes, they were met with Kuvira's, who stood in the doorway of the bathroom, clothed in pj pants and a white t-shirt. Even in pajamas, she looked spectacular. Her hair was down, gracefully falling into her face, and her eyes seemed to sparkle. She blew a strand of hair from her eyes, and you let out a small giggle, watching as Kuvira came up to you and took your hand. You watched as the muscles in her back moved beneath her shirt, following her into the nearby kitchen. Kuvira squeezed your hand, leading you to the kitchen counter. She gestured for you to sit, and you propped yourself up on the marble, glancing to a pot sizzling on the stove.

The smell hit you not a moment later, and your lips broke out into a grin as you looked to Kuvira. "You didn't," you smiled, leaning over to kiss her cheek as Kuvira leaned over the pot and stirred its contents. She had somehow prepared you some stewed sea prunes, a dish you loved only because it was the favorite of your former master.