~Prologue~

Author's Note:

Hi everyone!

This novel is actually published on Tapas, but I'll be posting the first five episodes here to entice you! There are 17 free chapters out on the app, and I would be so grateful if you could support me on Tapas by buying the next chapters! <3

Here's the link to the novel for more: https://tapas.io/series/my-husbands-of-my-past-lives

PROLOGUE

"You cannot find your destined person in this current life, because of the misdeeds you have committed in the past." The old clairvoyant was calm as she said these words to me. Her piercing grey eyes felt like they were unfurling my secrets.

This was total bullshit. I shouldn't have come here on a whim. This place had kind of creepy vibes, but I was meandering around the area on a Friday night with nothing much to do except have a pity-session with myself about how I was almost 30, and still single. Coming in here was understandable, right? Right.

She raised a silver eyebrow at me, her wrinkly hands on top of each other. "It is your choice to believe me or not. But it is you who have come to me."

Was this fortune teller actually a psychic? Was she really reading my mind, or was my face an open book? Either way, this old woman looked legit to me. Well, if you considered having your future read by an old woman in a dark room with gypsy-like drapes to be 'legit.' The only things missing here were a crystal ball and tarot cards.

"Honestly, I don't know why I've come here in the first place." I said exasperatedly, putting my hands up in the air. I grabbed my bag and was about to leave when her voice stopped me in the middle of walking out briskly.

"Do you not question why you have such dreams?"

Her eyes, unlike her ancient appearance, were strong and youthful. Seriously, who was this person? And why did she still have a head full of hair when here I was, having hair falling out in clumps while I shower?

I plopped my saggy butt back on the cushioned seat. Oof, hadn't gone to the gym in so long already.

"How did you know that?" I asked calmly, although internally I was supremely bewildered. I had never told anyone about my dreams. Ever. They were too embarrassing to be told. In fact, if my friends knew the odd contents of my dreams, they'd probably label me thirsty!

"Because I do." Her replies were always cryptic, and I was tempted to pay more for the succeeding sessions in order to get more information from her. Was it 2000 won per word or something? Was this a business tactic of hers? To stretch the time with her scarce words, thus having a need to pay for yet another session?

As if she could read my thoughts, the air around her turned frosty, and I flinched. Damn these psychics. It was similar to having eyes on you while you were on the toilet. It was both uncomfortable and embarrassing, not to mention upsetting. I felt like I was stripped off my usual sarcastic, cynical mask, revealing a little girl abashedly standing before her chastising mother.

I leaned back against the chair and crossed my arms over my chest, looking like a petulant child. "So, let me do a recap. You're saying that what I did in my past lives gave me bad karma, impeding me from discovering the love of my life in the 22nd century?"

Pssh. Love of my life? Who believes in love anyway.

The old woman smiled at me slowly, and nodded her head.

"So, what am I supposed to do now?" I said, more peevishly than I intended. I was an adult, but I still felt like a child. To be honest, I still felt like a child dressing up as an adult, faking my way through life. "I'm just going to be a spinster forever, right? It's not like I can do anything to change the past."

"But what if I tell you...you can?"

A small smile played on her lips.