The sun goes down

George lent himself against the fence around the high up balcony. He sighed, watching his warm breath as it mixed with the cold air.

He looked around at the land around him; watching as children ran and chased eachother, Watching the cattle and the traders sell their goods for money, beyond the main castle walls. He watched the training guards directly below him, watching their moves and swings. He even glared at the thick and magic forest that surrounded the meters upon meters of land the castle had become over time.

This place was different to the older known place he was familiar with.
The large, wealthy, castle of Feu.

His new home.

Like most of the new maids and butlers of the castle ground, they had come from withering or poor castles in need of quick money. It was good pay to those who sold them, and to the workers themselves; yet George never cared for the money.

He agreed to come to the new land in hopes to train to be a guard, and to be able to protect his family back in rêver.

Yet, two weeks of being in the castle, he's not been given the chance to even prove himself worthy. Until today.

"George!" A males voice behide him whispered out, yet still a slight of yell. "George, psst!"

The Brunette turned away from the balcony edge and at the archway, leading to the ringed out hallway - which surrounded the top of the main hall.

"Hey, Quack" he waved slightly at a shorter man, who was currently fiddling with a white cloth "Need help?"

The short, beanie wearing, male nodded and handed the cloth to George.  He patted a dusty powder on his black trousers, the exact same George was wearing as well.
"You know, that nickname is starting to grow on me" He shrugged at picked up a silver tray with multiple, identical, cloths and towels.
George only chuckled, remembering how the boy got the nickname; Quack.

"Alex! I dare you to chase the swan!" A fluffy, brunette haired boy yelled out.

"No way!" George laughed out, "He won't do it, he's a baby!"

"Oh yeah?" Alex got up off the grassy floor and stared directly and the group of swans and ducks.

"AAhhhhhhhh!!!!!" The short male ran directly through them, only to start being chased by all of the birds nearby.

"that's good, because we aren't stopping anytime soon" George placed the white cloth back onto the pile of others on the tray. "Heading to storage?"

"Nah," Quack shock his head, "Need to give these to Niki, then head to kitchen" he huffed out.

"I'm on break for the next couple days, new maids and all" George waved his goodbyes at the tiny male (even though they where near the same height) and walked towards the stair case.

The castle was massive, but it was the halls that where exceptionally large, with high pillars, large walls and even circular ceilings painted with gods and gold. George waved and nodded at the other maids and butlers as they walked past, occasionally stopping to help them pick something up or point them in the right direction.

The continued walking down the lengthy hallways and the grand steps, until he reached the bottom floor that is.
"Hey gogy," there was a light pat on the boys shoulder.

"Hey nick," George looked at the training guard, "How was practice?" The other male was taller then George, with black hair - with hints of a reddish brown. He wore a white bandana around his head, probably to help keep his hair out of his face.