one;

This will be set in the seventh year, and the Triwizard Tournament never happened so Cedric is alive and healthy. 

Returning to Hogwarts for our final year felt different to any other year. Something felt off as if anything could happen, and that it would affect my life drastically. It was a horrible thought but the feeling I had felt strong, and I was bound to find out what it was soon enough. The usual train journey we took over to the castle wasn't any different to what it usually was. Cedric, Lily and I sat at our usual table once we managed to kick the first years out. 

They were new to the whole situation so you couldn't blame them for not knowing. 

All three of us talked about our summers. Telling each other the stories that were both good and bad, but their summer couldn't compare to mine. Theirs was filled with drunk tales, sunbathing in the fields and just having fun whilst I was stuck with my family most of the time, trying to nail our business down. I did see them both the occasional times, but only if they visited me.

I couldn't say no to my parents though. They have me in this chokehold which I can't disagree too, even if it was taking up all my free time. 

With the free time I had to spare, I tried to spend it all with Cedric as we both lived too far apart to visit often. The times we had together were special and included more information than what my parents needed to know. My mother wouldn't care, and even if my father liked Cedric so much, he would get angry in an instant if anything happened.

We finally made it to Hogwarts and settled in before we made our way to the great hall for dinner. The dining hall was always packed but knowing there were new students in the first year, it felt strange once again.

"Are you going to finish that?" Cedric gestured towards the remaining sausages on my plate. I shook my head and pushed the plate towards him to which he smiled widely.

He eats more than most of the students in the hall but is still athletically healthy. All those quidditch games paid off, to which he's so skilled in every position.

"How's everyone feeling about our last year?" Lily spoke up from across the table, playing with her unused fork. "Going to be a stressful year with our exams coming up," she finished. Her blonde hair sat gently down her test in loose curls, with a headband keeping it all in place. 

I sighed and rested my chin on the palm of my hand. "I'm so ready for it to be over. Just want it to be all done so I can leave and begin working with my parents," I said.

"Atleast you have your life planned out. I have to make sure my quidditch skills are top-notch to get signed into a team hopefully," Cedric replied.

Lily shook her head and dipped it slightly. "Who knows what I'll do. All I want is to be out of this hell hole," she mumbled, dropping the fork to her side. 

Both Cedric and I knew that Lily struggled with certain parts of school. She tried her hardest but she had some points that weren't her strongest. I know she'll find something to do when we leave, and hopefully, it'll be good for her.

"Good evening, students," Dumbledore announced to everyone in the hall. 

I craned my neck to watch him intently, noticing how he ages a bit more every summer, but still is healthy for his age. "It's a wonderful night to celebrate your return to Hogwarts, or to the new students, your welcome. It's a huge pleasure to see you all well and healthy," he spoke up.

Lily scoffed ahead of me, making me kick her slightly under the table.

"Tonight, I would like to wish luck to the seventh year who will be taking their N.E.W.T.S. this year," he chimed, clamping his hands together.