My Father... Doesn't He Love Me?!?

Midoriya was ecstatic for the doctor to return and find out his quirk! Kacchan had his exploding sweat [lol] so he had to get a cool quirk just like him! Soon, the door opened and in came the doctor. The doctor's face was twitching, as if he was hiding something. His mom and dad did the same thing when they were nervous.

"So, doctor," his mom said, wringing her hands, "what's his quirk?"

The doctor heaved a sigh. "Ma'am, I'm sorry. He's quirkless."

Quirkless. The word that changed his life.

His mom's jaw dropped as she absorbed the news. "Quirkless? That can't be right! Can't you check again?"

The doctor sighed again and said, "The kid has a joint in his pinky toe. It's impossible for him to get a quirk."

Silence.

"Come on Izuku, let's go, " Inko said. Midoriya silently nodded as they went back home.

When they got back, his father immediately came in, dressed in his business clothes. "Inko, my love," he kissed her on both cheeks, "what's his quirk?"

"H-he..."

"He what?"

"Has no quirk." The last few words came out as a whisper but it seemed loud against the background of silence.

"...Say that again." His father's voice was cold and harsh, harsher than anything Izuku had ever heard.

"He's quirkless! How can we protect him!" Inko started crying.

Midoriya didn't know what was going on but he had somehow started this. HE had made his mother cry. Midoriya ran inside, clutching his All Might toy like a precious treasure. To him, it was. It was a symbol of hope. A symbol of PEACE. That peace didn't last long.

He could hear a sharp, loud slap ring throughout the house. He could hear his mother crying. He could hear his father yelling at her, how it was her fault that she gave birth to a disgusting, weak, QUIRKLESS child. After that, the door to his room opened. There, his mother stood, red from her tears and pain.

"Izuku, dear?"

"Yes, Mommy?"

"Grab everything important but make sure it can fit into your bag."

Midoriya didn't know what was happening but he would do anything to stop his mother from crying. He stuffed some clothes, his All Might toy, pencils, notebooks, and his allowance into his yellow bag. When he got out, his mother gave him a string bag, filled to the brim with food like apples, bananas, and granola bars.

"Ready?" Inko's voice was hoarse from her crying.

Midoriya nodded. The two went out and into the car, where an impatient Midoriya Hisashi was waiting.

"Stick the brat in the car."

Midoriya trembled. His father was mad. Mad at HIM. But what did he do?

The ride was quiet but deafening. Everytime his mother opened her mouth, she would receive a death glare and would fall silent. Midoriya shivered at the thick tension surrounding them.

"Get out." After almost half an hour of driving, they had arrived at whatever destination they were heading for.

Midoriya didn't like it here. It was full of trees and was dark since it was almost reaching sunset.

They walked in the forest and after a couple of minutes, Hisashi said, "Here. Now say whatever you have to say." Then, he turned around and left.

Inko started crying. She reached into her purse and gave a folded paper to Midoriya.

"Here," she softly said. "Don't read it until you count to 100 seconds."

Midoriya nodded and grabbed the paper from his mom.

"Now close your eyes and only open them when you reach 100. Okay?"

Midoriya hesitated but nodded.

"Good. Now start."

Midoriya started counting. He could hear some rustling leaves as he counted but they soon faded away.

When he opened his eyes, he was alone. Panicking, he opened the folded letter and read it aloud.

"Dear Izuku,

I love you, baby, and I always will. But your father said that he didn't want a disabled child so he told me to either leave you here or to kill you. I'm so sorry, baby, I'm so sorry.

Hugs and kisses,
Your loving mother Inko."

The tears gushed out. His father didn't want him. He wanted him gone.

As the night approached, it swallowed the silent cries of one hurting boy.