Happy Birthday, Akaashi

Akaashi's POV

"Where are you going?! We're still talking, Osamu!" I asked in irritation when he suddenly took his phone and wallet, rammed them inside his pocket, and went to the door. And without even looking back at me, he went out of our room without saying a single word to me. I threw a pillow to the door when he left and cried in frustration.

It has been seven and a half years since we tied the knot. A lot of things happened after. I got promoted in my work; Osamu's store got a branch in Miyagi. We still live in the same two-bedroom apartment, above his store in Tokyo but he is not renting it anymore. We bought it using our joint savings because we both love the place. It was where our story started, that's why when the owner of the building sold it before their family moved to the countryside, we didn't hesitate to buy it.

I sighed.

It's been seven and a half years. No wonder why as years go by, the flame that we once had before, the excitement of being together is slowly...losing its spark...it is ceasing. As if being together is becoming a routine. And I feel like his love for me is slowly...Fading.

Another exhausted sigh escaped my lips before I stood up on our bed and put on my coat. I silenced my phone and together with my wallet I rammed it inside my pocket. I glanced at my work table and felt sad when I saw the fox-ring he gave me on my birthday and our wedding band. I took the fox-ring and went out.

We've been fighting for nonsense reasons lately since we entered our seventh year. We fight and make-up. Fight and make-up. Fight and make-up, to the point that it's making us both exhausted. It's exhausting. I guess this is why he keeps on leaving after our fights lately. Maybe he's getting tired too.

With our nonsense fights.

With me.

I wiped the tears that fell in my eyes when the thought of Osamu getting tired of me flashed in my mind. I can't imagine life without him even if we keep on having these nonsensical fights. I know that most of the fights we had, it was my fault. For feeling guilty when I see him talking to children. I know he loves kids and who knows, he might want to have his own. That's why, if Osamu wants to end things between us, I can't do anything but to just accept it. After all, I can't give him children. And marrying a guy is not normal. So, if ever he wanted to break up because he wanted to have a child, for sure I would let him go without a word.

I took a peek inside his store and felt lonely when I saw it closed. It seems that he won't come home again, just like what he's been doing two weeks ago. I think it's better to spend the night at Tsuki's house or take the last train to Hyogo. It's lonely to sleep in our home when we're fighting. He started not going home after every fight two weeks ago and it's lonely. He comes back only in the morning.

And I feel abandoned.

He wasn't like this before. But I guess the stress and exhaustion that accumulates in our fights made him like this.

I ended up going to the nearby park and sat in a swing to cry silently. I'm just lucky that it's already late so, I'm the only one here.

The night breeze that is brought by the night of December, feels colder now that he's not here with me. I couldn't help the sad smile that escaped my lips when I saw how lucky the moon was tonight for being surrounded by stars in the sky.

"I bet he didn't even remember that it's my birthday today," I whispered in the wind downheartedly.

I wryly laugh echoed in the park that I am in. I just want to spend time with him since it's my birthday. But Samu seems to have forgotten about it and made plans with his friend. I stopped him from leaving asking him for the first time since we got together, to cancel his plans with them and spend it with me. Because I want to fix things between us while it's still fixable.