Awaken

Awaken

"I saw you here last week, kissing Fukurodani's captain. Are you gay?" Daishou asked casually after lighting his smoke using my lighter that he borrowed when he followed me here on my balcony. He shifted his head to look at me with a blank expression. "Are you dating him?" He asked again and handed me my lighter.

We just ended our usual boy's night out with Bokuto, which is now wasted on my bed. Every Friday night, we always hang out in my apartment, and it is up to them if they want to stay over or not. And since Bokuto and I were sex friends since high school, he always stays over to fuck every end of our drinking session. And right now, I realize why Daishou, who lives a few blocks away from me, wanted to stay over again rather than going back to his apartment.

I shifted my gaze after taking back my lighter to light my cigarette. Even though I have a calm demeanor, I feel cold inside. I am not scared that other people would find out about my sexuality, but I am afraid that he will feel disgusted. Daishou is not like my other friends. I cannot say that he is homophobic, but he does not want to be acquainted with gay people. And that is the reason why I hide from him that I swing both ways, that I loved being on the receiving end.

"Maybe we are just drunk. I can't remember what you are talking about." I lied that made him chuckle sarcastically. He averted his gaze and puffed a cloud of smoke. I thought that it was over, but he didn't stop interrogating me.

"You were not drunk. It was when I went to the toilet to wash up. I went back outside to get a towel. I looked for you in here to ask where your towels are, but I saw you kissing with that owl." He said in a slightly irritated manner. Daishou looked back at me again without hiding his irritated expression. "Why do you have to lie? Are you really dating that owl?"

I dropped my cigarette when he raised his voice at me, not because he found out that I am swinging both ways, but because of my relationship with Bokuto. I avoid his penetrating gaze and refrain from answering his questions. It does not matter anyway, whether he found out about my relationship with Bokuto. It is not as if he has feelings for me, and besides, he already has Mika-chan, and even though they have been in an on-and-off relationship since high school, there's still a possibility that they got back together. It is not as if they broke up because of me.

"It's getting late. Let's sleep." I said before I went back inside.

I felt his chilling gaze behind me, but it is best to ignore him. However, I guess Daishou has different plans because before I could even lay down beside Bokuto, he pulled me roughly, making me out balance, and dropped on top of him. My heart races with the sudden contact of our bodies while we both stare at each other, with neither of us wanting to move away.

Daishou Suguru, Nohebi's former captain. He was my rival in volleyball and girls back in high school. And he is the reason why my true sexuality has awakened. He is the reason why Bokuto and I became sex friends. The desire for him is overflowing, that I end up accepting Bokuto's advances when we had our training camp back in high school. I desire him, and I think that I am in love with him. But I never had the guts to confess, even when I found out that he and Mika-chan broke up because aside from the fact that he's straight like I said earlier, they might still get back together.

"Tetsurou..." My wandering mind starts working again when he whispered my name, so I pull away from his warm embrace and sit on the edge of my bed where Bokuto is sleeping soundly.

"Let's stop this talk for now and get some rest. Good night, Suguru." I said, but he didn't let me. He grabbed my wrist, not wanting to end our conversation just like that.

"Why won't you answer me? Are you really dating that owl?" Daishou asked in a loud voice that made me cover his mouth with my hand. However, knowing him for so long, he didn't let me stop him from telling me what was on his mind.