Cliff Center

Luisa

Finishing up patching a corridor, Luisa returned in her toolbox. From a nearby guard, she could hear the radio say something about a Grounder outside the gates. She quickly took off her apron and went out of the structure.

Crowded at the front, she made her way to the open gates. Niylah had let a man in and she looked down to see he was carrying Octavia.

"I found her on the way back to Polis," the man, Ilian said. She glanced at Helios who was trotting in place and Clarke led him inside. She ordered Niylah to stock the horse and she went in to see Clarke giving CPR on Octavia.

"You gotta wake up," she whispered as Clarke continued the compressions. She made a large breath and the blonde stopped, tapping her on the cheek for her to regain consciousness. Ilian picked her up for Niylah to lead him to the medical room when she whispered, "War is here... Azgeda is coming."

Luisa glanced at Clarke to make sure she heard the same thing. "I'll get guardsmen," Clarke told her. "The only place they can come is through the cliff center."

The two dispersed and she went to her room. Taking off her vest and long sleeve, she slipped on all black and retied her hair. He wanted a war that she was going to try to stop. She grabbed a knife and slit her palm and let it drip into a container. She tied her hand with a cloth and marked her war paint with her blood.

Before leaving the room, she placed her sword onto her back and added an extra one. Clarke was outside on a brown horse and she jumped onto Arilies' saddle to ride out.

"They're already out," she informed her. "We don't have time for a war right now, Luisa." "I know," she said. "Sniper?" "David Miller and Monty are leading as an element of surprise."

Going down the steep hill onto the flat land covered in boulders, they could see the all of the kings horses and his men covered in white paint. As they approached the invisible line, he held up a fist to stop marching. The flags of their clan waved and the warriors quieted their chanting and drumming.

"I've seen you've changed your clothes," Roan projected his voice. "And you've changed your mind," she said. She could see Echo whisper something to him and he glanced at them.

"I want to talk, Roan," she said. "Too late for that," he said. "How are you supposed to be queen and not take your actions for the name of your people?" "You made me queen when I am not fit," she told him. "We all know that."

She waved a finger to Clarke and she clicked twice on the radio. Green lasers pointed at him and Echo warned him of the threat. She could see the slight hesitation cast on his face then disappear.

"Lid honon-de in" (bring out the prisoners) Echo demanded. Through the crowd, warriors moved around to let the prisoners through, and out came her father and Bellamy in chains. She kept her face straight but inside, she wanted to scream.

"Any movement," she began. "Tell them to use all of their bullets." "Luisa-" she cut her off with a hand and glanced at her to do what she was told as she got off her horse. She wanted to reach for her swords but that would be a sign of attack as she made her way across the imaginary border.

"The righteous Adheda," Roan hummed, approaching her on foot. "Ten minutes," she said. "Ten minutes before I lay waste onto this... nonsense." He glanced back at his nation then back at her, tilting his head in agreement. "There's a cave up ahead for a private conversation," she said and pivoted.

The laser beams died down as they quietly hiked up the cliff but she noticed one was lingering until it disappeared. Once they reached the dark cave, she turned around and stared.

"I thought you were keeping the peace between all of the clans? Including Skaikru," she began, breaking the silence. "I am but my actions will always be for Azgeda. I don't intend to kill your people unless I have to. I just want the station. I highly doubt this nightblood plan and Clarke might have the Flame to use it on Luna," he explained.

"Luna is with Abby right now on that situation," she told him. "If she can recreate it, we can save everyone... including Ice Nation." "But the fire will blow everywhere. Where will we take refuge? Where will Ice Nation stay?" he asked. "I know... Arkadia."

"How do you manage to get there?" she asked. "You will have to kill us... if we don't kill you first. We have guns that can shoot farther than your arrows. The army of a thousand will deplete in seconds. Remember the Trikru army?" She began to pace herself around the cave, continuing the questions of his master plan.

"If you manage to get through the gates, who will you kill? All of us? None of you know how to use our technology. Not all of your healers are that advanced. How many will be inside the ship? Not everyone. Many are dead, the rest will be left outside because the station can only hold a hundred."

"Did you even think, Roan?" she asked, facing him. "Clarke wrote a list of a hundred people that are going to be in the ship during Praimfaya. I can convince her to add you and Echo, that is it." "Are you on that list?" he questioned. She took a sharp inhale and watched him tilt his head before making a dry chuckle.

"All of this and you're not going to be a part of it," he huffed. "I wanted it for both of us and the rest of our people." "That's not what I want." "Okay," he exhaled. "You don't have to add my name on that list. Echo will be the only survivor from Azgeda."

"Roan," she said softly. Her brain began to rush over the irrational decision he had made to do with her. "Fifty," she said firmly. "Fifty Skaikru and the other half is Ice Nation." He tilted his head to think and it came to a nod of agreement. "They will need us to lead," he said.

Luisa untied the cloth of her bandage and reopened the wound. "Oso tai choda op kom houmon" (we are bound by marriage), she said, lending out a hand. He took the knife and slit his palm, repeating the phrase and they shook hands. He pulled at her wrist and their noses touched before a small kiss.

The two left the cave to the sun setting and trailed through the woods. She could hear rustling in the bushes and glanced over to see Bellamy hiding behind a boulder and Riley with a gun beside him. She gave him a confirmed nod and they returned to the cliff center.

"Everything good?" Clarke asked. "Close enough," she said, getting onto the saddle. She made eye contact with Roan before she pulled the horse around but halted at the scent of smoke.

Her heart skipped a beat wondering if Praimfaya had come but she looked up to see a thick cloud of gray. "It's coming from Arkadia," Clarke figured and she whipped the reins for Arilies to gallop.

By nightfall, they had reached camp to find citizens running out in big gasps for air. The red and orange flames covered Alpha Station and everything seemed to silence.

Voices were muffled and she pulled away from Roan who was trying to get a hold of her. She rushed towards Ilian who was dragging out Niylah and Octavia and Bellamy tended to her. She looked at the ring that had collapsed and everything they had worked for went to waste.

She could feel the stroke rise in her system but she pushed it away and fell on her knees. "Ilian did this," she finally heard Octavia say under the high pitched ringing. Her knees met the ground and her mouth opened to let a scream escape that they'd lost it all.

————————

Lost it All- Jill Andrews