Barrels

Luisa

The light had risen on the treacherous act to let the human race go extinct. Now, Luisa wasn't the only one who was going to die, they all were. She sat on a barrel, watching everyone clear out damage, and wiped off her war paint with a wet cloth.

"Cheer up, Sweet Kane, it's a beautiful morning," Jasper chuckled. "Ignore him, Luisa, we will find another way," Jaha said. "What other way?" she asked. "Abby doesn't seem to be getting anywhere."

She stood, purposely bumping into Jasper as she made her way to the group. "Good news, no one died," Monty said. "Bad news, we can't repair the damage." "Then our only hope is the nightblood," Clarke said. "Exactly, we need to transfer hydrazine to Raven and Abby on the island," Bellamy told them.

"Good, my guards and me will go with you," Roan said. "You guys leave in thirty," Monty instructed. Luisa turned at the sound of protesting and shouting to see a riot around Octavia dragging out Ilian. Kane shook his head in stress as they circled the man.

She pushed her way through the crowd to find Skairipa had put him on his knees with a gun to his head. "You are the reason humanity will cease to exist," she began. "You burn down our home for the vendetta you had against Skaikru for the City of Light. You should blame yourself for being too weak to deal with your pain and taking the chip."

Octavia clocked the gun off of safety and pressed it onto his head. "We let you inside as one of us. For treason against the Exodus Charter, you are committed to execution." "That sounds familiar, doesn't it," Luisa spoke, stepping forward. She set her hands on her waist and tilted her head, "Isn't this what Pike did?"

"We leave soon, hurry up," Roan whispered. She could see her eyes flinch, remembering the sight of Lincoln's death. "He killed us," Octavia justified. "We're all going to die soon, what makes it better for us to kill him now?" she asked. She glared at the bruised Ilian then back at her.

Luisa cautiously approached her and motioned for her to hand over the gun. "His fight was already over," she said. The gun retreated into her hands and she watched the warrior run out of camp. Her eyes met Ilian's and they told him to leave.

Everyone stared at her as she walked through the crowd with her husband to the hanger bay. Inside, barrels of hydrazine were being loaded onto the cargo rover and she got in the driver's seat. Warriors stayed in the back as Roan hoped in the front and she pressed on the gas for the vehicles to follow Bellamy and Clarke in the rover.

It was a silent drive through the woods and she could feel his eyes on her. She took a deep breath and changed her clocking position on the steering wheel.

"Would you have killed me?" he asked. She glanced back at the adrift guards then back at the road. "Taken you as a prisoner," she cleared her throat.

The rover slowed to a stop and she did the same. "A tree," Bellamy said over the radio. "We're at Trikru checkpoint," she said back. She could see the two get out but she stayed inside. They could hear multiple voices and she motioned for Roan to hide in the back as she jumped out.

"What's going on?" she asked. There was a group of Trikru warriors and one of them was injured. "Azgeda," one said. "When they were marching on Skaikru." Clarke began to help the man with a gash on his leg and Bellamy coughed to hurry up.

"Get away from there," Luisa called out to the wandering boy. "Azgeda!" he shouted and she drew her sword. "No wonder I noticed you, Queen of Azgeda," the man snarled and she drove the blade through his chest. The injured man was executed and she watched the boy run.

"Get in, we need to leave," she instructed and she started the cargo engine. She pressed on the gas after the other vehicle that was driving into a clearing.

The door window was open and she could hear the trickling sounds of water. The wheels rolled on pebbles and once again, they stopped.

"We can't get past the stream," Bellamy said as she slammed the door. "The currents are too strong and will wipe us out." "There should be a path for us to take," Roan suggested. "Take the rover and scout out the territory," Clarke suggested.

Luisa hopped in the black vehicle with him and drove down the side of the stream. The way she drove, was filled with determination as she sped down the rocky terrain. Hypocritical thoughts filled her head about killing those innocent Grounders after pardoning the guilty destroyer of Alpha Station.

"There," he pointed out. She poked her head out the frame to see the dry tracks wide enough for the rover. "Cargo, a hundred meters ahead," she said into the radio. There was silence on the other end and she repeated the call. Nothing.

She reversed the rover and headed back to the post where everyone was waiting. The tracks from the woods made her stop and the two got out to see more trails in the opposite direction.

"Where are they?" he asked, standing beside her. "Wherever they went, they left a gift," she said. She kicked open the sack to see one of the Azgedan warriors were dead. "That boy from Trikru must've told his people." "And they don't know how important the liquid is, they just don't what Ice Nation to have it," he figured.

She drove the vehicle down the tire prints beside the stream. The runoff water came to an end and they reentered the trees. It was a slow trail from the bushes and rocks blocking the path. It came to a pause where they checked their surroundings and found another body.

"Trap," he whispered. Warriors in skulls jumped from their hiding spots onto the hood of the rover and tried to break through the glass. One was trying to spear Roan and she grabbed the handgun underneath the seat and shot him in the forehead. Bullets fired on the warriors around them and they dropped.

She pressed on the gas to pass through the forest and out to a dead weed clearing. "It was my men that took it," he figured. "Always loyal to their clan." "But Bellamy has a gun," she said to herself. "He was probably put under duress with Clarke," he said.

The field had grown larger and a small figure was visible in the distance. The rover bumped on the rough terrain and they began to get closer to the moving vehicle with hydrazine barrels in the back.

She noticed the cargo truck was slowing down as she caught up but it sped off. One of the traitors were trying to dump the barrels out to lighten the load.

"Get me close," Roan huffed and she obeyed. He swung the door open and calculated the trajectory before jumping onto the moving vehicle.

The head of the rover reached the side of the other and it took the lead. She held up the gun towards the open door and shot many rounds into the window. Clarke kept her head down as she was forced to continue driving and Bellamy kicked out the warrior that tumbled under the tire.

The cargo car finally halted and they got out. "You okay?" she asked her friend who quickly nodded. She checked Bellamy who was taking off his ties.

"There's a problem," Roan called out and they headed for the truck. He pointed at the arrow that had pierced the barrel and he kicked it, showing it was empty.

Luisa stressfully put her arms overhead and paced herself around. "Radio Raven," she said. "Hey, guys," Murphy's voice said over the machine. "Where's Raven?" Clarke asked. "Busy," he answered. "But you got me."

"We lost a barrel," Luisa said blatantly. There was a rattle on the other side and Murphy hummed a negative answer.