Garfield Logan - I'm Sorry (My Hero, Pt. II)

No, we can't go back
It's too late for that
But I hope you know I'm sorry
I'm sorry

♤♡◇♧

A month or two had passed since you first met the green-haired boy at the bus shelter, and things were going better than ever. You swore that Gar must have been some sort of good luck charm, because everything started looking up literally the day after you met him.

The best part for you was that your hard work, dedication and passion was recognised by your teachers in school, and they'd put your name forward for an internship at the place where you'd wanted to work for as long as you can remember. You remember the day in school where some scientists came in to talk to the class about the work they did that helped improve the world, and you'd wanted to work there ever since. Now you actually were!

Despite your severe anxiety and intense sweating during the interview process, you'd managed to wow the panel with your extensive knowledge of the company, passion and hard work ethic, meaning you scored the internship the very next day!

All of a sudden, your life became significantly less stressful: you were breezing through school, you suddenly had time to spare that wasn't constantly occupied by meticulous study, and you were getting paid to work a job you love! You were seeing your dad more often also, as your job meant he didn't have to take on an insane amount of work just to make ends meet. For the first time in a good long while, life was good!

As well as this, you'd been talking to Gar pretty much non-stop. Calling, texting, Skyping - the lot. You didn't get his number the first time you met, meaning you were left hoping that he'd randomly show up again for some time.

It's not like you deliberately tried to get into trouble, but it just so happened he was in the area just when you needed help. It was, like, his superpower or something.

After that encounter you finally managed to get his number, and you had been in touch almost every day since. You'd built up quite the friendship, though you'd be lying if you said you didn't want something more.

Apparently he'd been alone for a while, he told you during one Skype session. The people he lived with - he rarely used the word 'family' - had all bailed on him it seemed, leaving him to take care of a friend who was greiviously ill, but luckily was recovering steadily.

You had offered to come over multiple times after work to keep him company, but he always refused then swiftly changed the subject. It hurt, a little, but you respected his privacy and decided that he'd invite you over when he's good and ready. Besides, it's not like you never saw him in person - the two of you had gone out for coffee or lunch a few times. It all felt very grown up and professional leading up to the moment you meet, but you always relaxed into casual company soon enough.

Truth be told, after scoring the internship you'd grown distant from the few friends you had in school, and the only person whose schedule was as both crazy and non-existant as yours was Gar's. Either the boy just ditched school every other day, or had dropped out altogether - it was impossible to tell.

About a week ago, the friend he was taking care of finally felt well enough to be up and walking around, so you and Gar didn't Skype for a day or two afterwards. Though you did text, and it seemed like his friend Conner was excited to meet you, so you organised lunch with the two of them the next day.