Prologue: To Be A Hero

───────────────────

BOOM

"As you can see, loud explosions are going off behind me! The explosions are at an unprecedented rate!"

In front of the T.V., a girl shut off the newscaster just as another explosion went off.

"I guess I'll go."

Location: Unknown, Time: Unknown

A young girl was sobbing, "Mama! Where are you?"

Unbeknownst to her, a giant purple alien-like monster reached out his hand was about to squish her to death until —

"And what do we have here?"

A hint of a smirk was noticeable amongst the girl's fluttering black hair.

"Just a girl who's a hero for fun."

Blank face.

"... What kind of half-assed backstory is that?" The alien said, agitated. "I was formed from the constant stream of pollution with which you humans have suffused the earth. I am Vaccine Man! The Earth is a single living organism. You humans are nothing but a disease-causing bacteria eating away at her life force. In order to obliterate humans and the evil civilization, the Earth has given birth to me!"

The alien expanded rapidly in size, its face growing more and more grotesque.

"You dare do this for fun? For fun? How dare you confront me, Mother Earth's apostle, for that inane reason?! Yet, what more could be expected from a hu—"

PUNCH

The alien-monster was sent high, high into the sky. Eventually becoming nothing more than a speckle that glittered in the sky — almost like a star. The girl's blank face became irritated. Not again, all it took was one punch! "DAMN IT!"

REWIND TO 10 YEARS AGO

"That's mean, Kacchan."

A young green haired boy stood in front of his his hurt friend. While the thought was brave, the boy himself looked terrified. "Can't you see he's crying? If you keep going, I-I-I'll never forgive you!"

A spiky blonde haired boy smirked, the two goons behind him beginning to activate their quirks.

"Even though you're quirkless... you're pretending to be a hero, Deku?"

The three boys ran for the green haired boy, ready to absolutely annihilate the poor kid, but then —

CLANK

"Ow!" The blonde haired boy held his head.

Deku opened his eyes from when he was bracing for the impact, and got confused when it never came. He looked up from the ground and saw a girl no taller than him. Her waist length blank hair was swaying to the wind, but that was all he could see.

"Angry Pomeranian-Chan, that's not very nice."

"HAAH?!" The blonde haired boy's fist was sparking. The girl's dull eyes boring into him just pissing him off even more. "Who do you think you are?!"

The stick the girl was holding glistened.

"I'm Saitama Nana."

"..."

"GET HER!"

SMACK

"Bad dog," Nana said.