3

Dylan sighed as she manuvered her way through the busy hallways of Ridgewood High.

As she neared the door of Mr. Scott she could here the distinct sound of a ping pong ball.

'Probably playing ping pong with himself again', she thought to herself.

Mr Scott was a strange man, so strange to the extent that the school board decided to make him the art and film director of the school.

The board thought it was a good way for him to express and share his creativity with the student.

"Come in", the brunette teacher called as soon as he heard a knock on the old wooded door. Which had been mended so many time he considered it as a plank of wood.

"Good Afternoon Mr. Scott", the white haired girl greeted enthusiastically.
Her hair was died white, she thought it was rather cool.

"Ah, Dylan. What brings you here today?", the Scottish man asked setting the ping pong paddle down. It was really ironing since his name was also Scott.

"The application", she replied simply offering him the form she had filled earlier.

"Well that's great Dylan. Now let's see what my star student has to offer".

Dylan gave him a tight lipped smile as he settled on his chair.

"It's a documentary about the evolution of robot voices in movie",he read the last part slowly thinking this was some kind of joke or prank.

"Yea, you know how know two robots ever sound the same in any Si-fi movie. You have your classic 'I am a robot' and them you have these futuristic ones that only beep" ,she responded under the teachers questioning gaze.

"Dylan your artistic vision is robot voices?".

"Yea, look sir I'm suffering. I got all these great ideas but I don't know which one to choose because none of them are good enough".

"Are you sure you want to win that trip to the Hollywood film camp?"

"More than anything", she sighed in defeat.

"Then step out of your comfort zone Dylan. Challenge yourself. Move toward uncharted territory. How about instead of robots choose a human subject", he said in a serious tone which was really rare.

"Truthfully. Hard hitting. Human".

"Aye lass. Now you get the point. Now I'm expecting a real and factual proposal tommorow or I would have to pull the school out this year", he replied before going back to his unfinished ping pong game.

"So, how did it go?", Mina asked as soon as she saw Dylan walk out of Mr. Scott's office or game room.

Dylan sighed before giving an answer. "I'm supposed to find a human subject before tommorow. How hard can that be''.

Mina could sense the evident sarcasm in her friend's voice. People saw the tanned skin girl(herself) as mean and uncaring, which was true to some extent.

"Look Dylan, if all else fails you can pick one of us. Josh maybe?"

"Nah, Josh's too shy to be in the limelight", she shruged since it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Come on Mina I have to get to work", she said pulling her friend with her.