4

" No I am not buying your unused excuse of a hotel", the blond haired woman shouted into her new phone.

"Mom", Asher called trying to get his mother's attention.

His mother owned the town's only mall. Ever since her husband left she kept focusing on her work. Which happened to delve into the real estate industry. The mall was sort of a side achievement.

"Wait,what do you mean you're selling it for ten thousand dollars. Who does that?".

Asher decided to fix his hair since him mother decided to ignore his presence. Again.

A smile lit up on her face. 'She probably sniffed out a good deal', the nineteen year old jock thought.

"Good, I'll send the paperwork tommorow. Speak to you soon", she responded before hanging up.

"So what do you think sweety. Should we turn this place into a basketball store or a boutique?", she asked strutting in his direction.

For some reason she always trusted her son's judgement. Be had a great sense of enturprenuership.

"Definitely a sports themed store. There are already five boutiques already"

"And that is why you're my top business associate and advisor".

A beeping sound brought them out of their mother son moment. That is if you could even call it that.

"Sorry honey I have to get back to the office. Matthew needs help without new clients".

"Oh wait mom, can I borrow your marketing team?", he asked hopefully with pleading eyes.

"Asher, why would you need a high end marketing team?",she sighed whilst rubbing her forehead.

"Mom, student body president is essential. I need signs, headshots, posters, endorsement not to mention brochures-"

"Absolutely not".

This didn't seem to sit well with him.
"But mom, Nickolas has am entire group of college cheerleaders making posters. How am I supposed to beat that!!".

"Yes, and you my sweet, have ingenuity and creativity. Now if you really want to win you have to work this out on your own",she sighed before walking away causing Asher to let out a frustrated huff.

::Meanwhile at the other side of the mall::

"Yeah, no network", Dylan smiled despite the crumbling phone in her hands.

" Come on Dyl, you've gotta help me here", Josh pleaded.

Dylan worked at a tech shop in the middle of the mall. It wasn't the best job but at least it paid part of the bills.

"Okay, fine. Your phone is beyond repair but here's a thirty percent discount on your next phone", she whisperd the last part hoping no one heard her.

She gave a small wave as her friend gave a small smile of appreciation. This wasn't the first time someone at school smashed his phone for taking a picture. Most of the time it was a popular, she rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Hey guys I'm gonna head home for the day".

''Are you sure it's not because of Luke", one of her co-workers taunted.

'I can't believe I made it that oblivious', she thought before picking her bag and heading out of the store.