once in a while, it all sinks in.

January 4th, 8:20am

"Hello?" Ellen said answering her phone, "Hi Ellen. This is your dads doctor again, I have some bad news." The doctor said, "Oh no what is it." Ellen said in a scared. "We are so sorry for your loss Ellen, your dad passed at 8:04 this morning, his lung collapsed and we did everything we could, but we couldnt save him." The doctor said, "Oh god. Oh my god." Ellen said with tears now streaming down her face, "We are so sorry. Im so sorry." He said, "No no, I knew the time was coming, you did everything you could. Thank you. Bye." Ellen said hanging up the phone, Ellens head fell into her hands, and she started to sob, crying so hard she was losing her breath. "El whats wrong?" Patrick came out of the shower saying, "My dad- My dad died." Ellen said trying to catch her breath. "Oh my god. Im so sorry Ellen. He was an amazing guy. I really loved him." Patrick said trying to hide the tears that were falling down his face, "They did everything they could. Hes out of pain now, its best for him." Ellen said. She layed down and hugged her pillow and just cried, she cried for god knows how long. Patrick crawled into bed with her and stroked her hair, she turned around to face him and buried her head in his chest, not coming up until she fell asleep from crying so hard. "Im sorry Ellen. What can I do for you." Patrick said as she woke up, "Nothing. You cant do anything. No one can." Ellen said, "I wanna see the kids." Ellen added, "Ill call Justin to bring them." Patrick said.

"Ellen. Im so sorry." Justin said walking into the hospital room pulling in Ellen for a hug, "Thank you. Me too." Ellen said, "Oh come here Tal." Ellen said pulling Talula in for a hug, she was crying. "I miss him." Talula said, "I know T. Me too." Ellen said trying to hold the tears back, "Im sorry for your loss Patrick. He was a great guy." Justin said, "Thank you. He really was, he would let me and the kids stay with him before i married Ellen, when Jill was, ya know, crazy." Patrick said smiling and crying, "Yea i get that, Hes too sweet." Justin said giving out a little laugh. "Talula, I know its hard honey i do. But hes in a better place now." Ellen said, Talula didnt even reply back, just cried and cried in Ellens shoulder. "Come on guys, Uncle Justin will take you home. Its getting late." Patrick said to his kids, "Bye dad. I love you." Talula said, "I love you too T." Patrick said, "I love you so much Tally." Ellen said giving her a big hug and a kiss on the forehead, "Bye Darbs and Sul. Mommy loves you." Ellen said hugging the twins, "Bye Juliette, im gonna miss you and i love you so much!" Ellen said to Juliette, "Bye guys. Love you." Patrick said, "Bye Pat and El." Justin said, "Bye Justin." They both said in sync, "Ah, how was that?" Patrick asked Ellen, "It was good to see them. Tal is devastated." Ellen said trying to hold tears back again, "Yea. I agree. The boys dont get it, but for T, its so sad to see her like that." Patrick said, he gave Ellen a tight hug seeing she was getting sad again, not that she already wasnt, but the kids took her mind off it.

{flash back} patricks pov
"Jillian I cannot do this with you anymore! We have 3 kids. 3!!! A 5 year old and two month old twins! You cannot be acting like this! They need a mother." Patrick said, "You dont make the rules for me. You got me pregnant because i wanted a baby." Jillian said drunk as ever, "Jillian you asked me to get you pregnant! YOU wanted a baby, dont get me wrong i love my kids. But i cannot do this with you anymore!" Patrick said, "Fine. Leave then. Thats what you're best at. Just go. Get out." Jillian said pouring herself another drink. Patrick went upstairs and got his 3 kids and left, at 2:30 in the morning, she kicked him out. "Hi Joe. Sorry to bother, Im right next to your house on the freeway and was just wondering if me and the kids could come by." Patrick said on the phone with Ellens dad, "Sure i would love to have you. But its pretty late Patrick, are you okay? This is the 5th time in the last month." Joe asked concerned, "Its Jillian. I cant be in this Marriage anymore. Not with her." Patrick said, "I understand. Youre welcome to stay for as long as you need." Joe said.
{end flashback}

"Are you okay?" Ellen said wiping her tears, "Yea, yea. Why do you ask?" Patrick asked, "Well you just stared out into space for like 2 minutes, i was trying to talk to you but you wouldnt answer." Ellen said, "I was just thinking about your dad, when he let me and the kids stay their alot bc of my Ex-Wife." Patrick said, "You know i know her name right? You dont have to say ex-wife." Ellen said laughing, "Im not using Ex-Wife for you, im using it for myself. I cant stand to say her name or even think about her." Patrick said laughing, "Yea well me neither. Come on, lay down, sleep with me tonight. You need a better bed then that couch honey." Ellen said instructing him into bed, "I love you. I love you so much." Patrick said in Ellens ear, "I love you more, until the end of time." Ellen said right before she fell asleep. They were woken 2 hours by Charlotte crying, it was her usual time of the night to wake up. She was hungry, "Ill get her." Patrick said, "No I will. You dont have boobs." Ellen said laughing, "Youre right. But you do. Nice ones." Patrick said smiling, "Oh shut up and go to bed." Ellen said laughing.

i hope u all liked this chapter, im so behind on updating, i usually do 2 chapters a night, but i posted one earlier so this is the second. ill get back on track this week. i hope u guys are still enjoying this story!!