9. School

Julian's dorm was simply amazing. He had decided to move in with Ryan since he was the only other person he knew apart from Clove and Autumn. And because he was an awkward mess. The only difference between Ian and Eli's dorm and Julian and Ryan's dorm was that the window was showing a picture of a side view of Witoren. Julian decided to take the 2nd floor bed, and Eli took the 1st one.

As soon as the bell rang, signaling that the Weapons Choosing would begin soon, both students ran out of the dorm and to the mess hall. Once they arrived, they saw that everything had changed. The 14 tables were now combined into one very large table that almost took up an entire half of the room. The chairs were now gone, instead the pair saw multiple students lined up on the sides of the table. 

"Julian Cooper and Ryan Lain." a voice called out, making both of the students turn their heads toward the caller. Cendine and the rest of the professors were seated in their usual spots on the podium, looking down on the students that were present. "It's good to see you two. Please line up along the wall. You may stand anywhere you please." he continued. Both students bowed respectfully, and stood along the left side of the hall. In front of them was a glistening table with a very long table runner that ran through the middle. However it was empty. 

Truth be told, Julian nor Eli had any idea what was going to happen. Many new students seemed excited, while some of the other students looked bored. There was so much duality everywhere, that Julian had just simply lost all thought on the event.

Soon, all the students have gathered, and due to the immense size of the hall, nearly all of them were able to have an arm length room around them. Cendine rose from his chair, and raised a hand. 

"Students, thank you for arriving on time. For those who are not here, well, I just give them my deepest sympathy, for they will not have a weapon for the rest of this year. Now! I will begin to read off a list of names for all the new students here today. For those who already have their weapons, please feel free to leave, but if you wish to stay, you are more than welcome to do so." said Cendine, as he watched multiple older students go up to their dorms happily. 

"Well then, let the Weapons Choosing begin!" he called, with a wave of his hand. The tops of the table shimmered and swirled as rows and rows of weapons lined the polished wood, all more dangerous than the last. Ranging from pure silver to white gold, all the weapons laid in front of the students were shining with beauty. The floating lightbulbs reflected off the wood in a dramatic way. Many new students gasped at the assortment of weapons.

Cendine started off with a girl named Bellen Abosque. She was a new Selvin and got a very sharp looking gold long sword. It was so long, that it was about 1/3 the size of her. Julian decided that she would need a lot of training to able to lift that, seeing that she required another person to help carry the sword.

Cendine continued to run down the long list of names and stopped at Julians. 

"Julian Cooper?" He called. The latter raised his hand in reply. "Oh good. Now, step forward, if you please." he requested. Julian obeyed and stepped forward a few steps. Cendine then raised his hand, and whispered a spell upon the weapons, making the metal glow and shine. A few seconds passed and nothing happened. The hall was dead silent as everyone laid eyes on Julian, waiting for the right weapon to appear in his hand. Not a single soul moved, not even the air shifted. Finally, a bright shine was casted from a weapon at the far end of the table. It glowed even brighter when it teleported into Julians hand. It was a katana, long and lean. It's crimson red metal gave off intimidating vibes, and the golden handle fit right into Julians hand, almost like it was made for him. 

It's perfect, he thought as he twirled the blade around in his hand. 

"Ahh, the Katana of Hephaestus. Quite rare, crimson metal. I do hope that you put it to good use, Julian." Cendine said, as he flipped a page in the name book. Julian nodded and bowed respectfully before catching the eye of a teacher. His sharp brown eyes stared into his soul. The name tag on the professors coat read, Professor Bruce Melgren, with a small ember flame imprinted off the side. Fire. That was Julian's new teacher. Seeing that the professor had a sharp but warm gaze made Julian ease a bit. Those eyes reminded him of his mothers gaze whenever he would fight with his sister. That thought made Julian sad. Will he ever be able to see his family again?