2. Coffee

You walked with Nya to your hangout place, Cherry's Café. It was a nice, small bakery with cute designs on the inside and had delicious goods.

And there was also the fact that it was cheap.

The bell rung as you entered the building, eyes looking around like always to see who was all there.

Your eyes landed on a couple of people. A women with her son, who looked around four or five, an old man that was eating strawberry cake, and a teenage girl group sitting at a table, laughing and giggling. Probably gossping about boys or celebraties.

You waved at the old man, Mr. Sato,  and smiled at him. He smiled back before taking another bite of his cake.

Mr. Sato was a regular here, and you've talked to him a few times when Nya was sick, had an appointment, or was too busy to come with you.

Those days happened more often than not, but you didn't mind. Mr. Sato was a pleasant person to talk to, and very trustworthy.

He was also wise, and gave off a grandfather vibe.

Nya took her usual seat beside the window, and you sat across from her.

A waitress came to take your orders, brown hair and green eyes. Her name was Ayumi, and she was really nice, too. However, she always teased both you and Nya about school, especially when it came to boys.

She was like a big sister, but more distant.

"Your usual?"

You nodded and smiled at her and she did the same. She walked to the backroom, and you looked at Nya.

She looked miserable.

Her eyes were droopy, her hair was sticking out in different directions, her lips looked cracked, and she was pale.

It was two days after Killua's rejection, and she immediately went home without walking with you like usual.

You called her, texted her, even went to her house, but her mom said she wasn't feeling well.

You couldn't help but think it was a little stupid.

I mean, Killua never likes the girls, just uses them. What did she expect? For him to say he'll be her boyfriend and that they would be together forever? The moment that happens is the moment you get heartbroken.

Which would never happen until you're at least in your twenties.

Still, you reached out to her as best as you could, and your efforts lead you two days later, on a Sunday, at Cherry Café.

You couldn't believe two days already passed. It was Friday when Nya confessed, and tomorrow was Monday.

You really hope people forgot about it, like it was just another confession gone wrong. Nothing special.

But you knew high school was much more complicated than that.

You sighed and raised Nya's chin.

"Hey, listen to me. You don't need that jerk. I mean, c'mon, it's Killua Zoldyck. It's not like he would've accepted your feelings, anyways."

You freaked out when she started crying.

'Was it something I said?! Stupid!'

"A-ah, sorry, Nya. You know I'm not good at comforting others...Look, there's tons of other boys out there, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of them would love to be with you. Just not the douchebag kind."

Ayumi came over with your orders, a chocolate milkshake and a crossaint.

Nya loved crossaints.

Ayumi's cheery smile dropper when she seen Nya's tears, and she was rubbing her back comforting her.