The Final Chapter

Fresh air hit my lungs before the natural light filled my vision. The sound of retching could be heard and I looked over to Trixie who had just thrown up from the jump. Layla stood off to a side, hands on her knees, bent over trying not to pass out.

"Is everyone okay?" Layla nods without words and Trixie gives me a thumbs up.

"I didn't... Know you could... Do that." Layla states in between breaths. She looks up and gives a small, comforting smile. Gunshots can be heard in the distance. Not pistols, machine guns. The police are here. The three of us rush over closer to the warehouse where Chloe, Dan, and Lucifer are with a squad of policemen with guns. Silas and his gang or firing back. I can see from here that the drug boss has a remote of sorts. As soon as I realise what it is, I grab Trixie and Layla and duck for cover as he pushes a button and the warehouse explodes.

***

Lucifer's POV

The firing squad attacks the warehouse. Our plan is to get the people out of the warehouse so that we can get the girls out. I was mad at Lauren when I found out that she had gone to get Trixie herself but when she went missing for two days, I had gotten worried. From behind an old truck, I see the man who was ordering the others around. This must be Silas. The man Lauren told us about. He had a remote control in his hand. Chloe saw it too. Our eyes connected and she screamed out

"Everybody get down!" The lowest level of the building exploded. The rest of it came down to the ground. Everything inside was reduced to rubble and ash. Including...

"TRIXIE!" Chloe and Dan ran towards the pile of rubble and smoke. I was frozen to the spot.

"Lauren?" I said her name so quiet I wasn't even sure I had said it allowed.

"Yeah?" I whipped around to face her. She had a giant grin on her face. Layla and Trixie were behind her. I grabbed her in a hug and held her tightly.

"Am I allowed to breath?" She gave a muffled laugh and I let her go.

"Oh my God Trixie?!" the detective rushed past us with Dan and collapsed to the floor with Trixie In her arms.

"Trixie let's them hug her." I complain to Lauren and she laughs. I turn to Layla who is staring at me with wide eyes.

"Layla your staring." Lauren's words snap her out of her trance and she smiles at my daughter while still catching little glances of uncertainty.

"Is she alright?" I ask Lauren.

"Yeah. I had to tell her who you were to try and escape. She's taking it remarkably well." I nod. She certainly was.

"How exactly did you escape?" I let go of the hug and sit down on a rock next to her.

"Oh, I made a lock pick with a bed spring then teleported us all out of there." I noticed her grunt in pain but she brushed it off so quickly I decided not to take it further.

"Lauren." The detective calls her over. When she stands up, I notice a part of her shirt is dyed a rich red.

"Lauren!" She turns to face me and follows my gaze to her shirt and looks genuinely astonished by the growing stain.

"Shit." Layla rushes over at the scene and pressed a hand to the wound and guided her to sit down.

"The gun. I thought we missed it." Layla's words broke when she spoke.

"Gun? What gun?" Chloe had noticed the events by now and called over a medic.

"Ugh, when we teleported, Silas had a gun pointed at us and he fired it when we jumped. I thought the pain was from teleporting three people at once so I ignored it." I just shook my head as she was wrapped up in a bandage and moved to an ambulance. "This is stupid. I don't need a hospital."