one ; gentle goodbyes

"taehyung!"

a small fair haired boy came running up to the flower shop at which taehyung was seated next to.

"taehyung! i've found you! there's a carriage coming over the hill towards the town hall, mother says it is to be the king's guards asking for a butler of some sort! you must come quick!"

taehyung looked up from his book and clapped his hands together, "oh, do you think they are hiring a new gardener soon? i long to work along side jin again." the dark haired boy stood from his seat, clutching his book under his left arm and picking up two stems of lavender to put into his and jimin's hair.

"im not quite sure.. but working at the palace, even as a kitchen maid, would give us more chances of seeing him than if we were to stay here." jimin reached for taehyung's hand and both of the pretty boys ran straight to the village square, where a crowd was already gathering around the dark carriage.

one of the 4 guards stepped forward and began to list the jobs that workers were needed for.

"did you hear that, taehyung? they need a assistant gardener and a valet for the prince!" jimin squeezed the younger's hand tight. "we must apply! come on taehyung!"

both boys rushed up to the guard, who was assessing them with cold eyes.

"good morning, i'm kim taehyung i'd like to apply for garden-"

"someone has already taken the position as gardener; we are still in need of a valet though, sir" the guard nodded in the direction of an elderly man kissing his children goodbye before stepping into the carriage.

working for the royals was something that people far and wide wished to do, most people would not hesitate to leave their job of poor income in a village to work for someone of higher class. taehyung could not help but feel a little bitter towards his and jimin's relatives who had fled their homes for better pay.

"of course, he'll take that!" jimin nudged taehyung and nodded eagerly, "might there be anything i can do at the palace? i could clean? make tea? i can make bread! my father is a baker-"

"sorry son, nothing else is needed at the moment, i can put you on a list for next time if that is helpful?"

jimin's face fell a little but he nodded "that would be very good of you." he replied and pushed taehyung forward, the younger turning around with a frantic look on his face. "cmon tae, i'll be working with you before you know it."

taehyung shook his head quickly, "i'm not leaving you here by yourself-"

"yes you are, fool, i'm first on the list next time they need something! we'll all be together soon enough. me, you and jin." jimin smiled fondly and led taehyung to the door of the carriage. "i will make sure to bring you one of mother's loafs when i get recruited."

"take care of yourself jimin! and please tell my mother and father where i've gone, i know they would've wanted me to go."

"of course, see ya soon tae." jimin squeezed taehyung's hand a final time before gently pushing him into the carriage, where taehyung sat and watched jimin disappear into the crowd of people.