three ; humiliated

the servants living area was packed full of people desperate to know what the prince had done to the sweet new boy taehyung.

"h-he didn't directly do anything- i-i just walked in and-" taehyung broke into a sob of embarrassment, "there was a woman- i think they were about to make love! a-and i just walked in!"

gasps filled the room, along with some chuckles from the middle aged kitchen staff.

jin had a comforting arm around taehyung whilst namjoon bathed his burnt arm.

"in his study? that's a first.. but you shouldn't worry taehyung! see, namjoon walked in on the king an-"

namjoon chuckled nervously, "let's not bore everyone with that story, jin." he said sternly, as if to end the conversation entirely.

-

it was about 1pm by the time taehyung had stopped feeling sick to the core with embarrassment.

"taehyung i know the last thing you want to do right now is face the prince, but you must help him get ready for lunch.." namjoon smiled sadly at the smaller boy before leading him down to jeongguk's room. "come on, just knock, it'll be fine."

taehyung watched as namjoon retreated back down the corridor.

he turned back around to face the door again and knocked loudly this time, hoping that if the prince was busy railing another woman, he'd have enough warning to hide her this time.

taehyung pushed open the door a little to see the prince standing by the window; the coast was clear of any women. taehyung whispered a thankyou to the sky and pushed the door fully open.

"i'm here to get you ready for lunch, sir." taehyung's cheeks flushed at the thought of having to speak to someone in such an obedient manner.

"thankyou, hoseok. i believe my cousins are here? so please choose out something smarter than usual." the prince was still gazing out the window whilst taehyung frowned.

"my name's taehyung, sir.. not hoseok." taehyung did not know whether it was right to correct him or not; but he did it anyways, to spare him the grief of being called hoseok for 2 years straight.

the prince turned around swiftly, looking taehyung in the eyes; his perfectly structured face was slowly contorted into a self-satisfied grin.

"you."

taehyung flushed a deeper crimson and stared down at his scuffed black boots. he thought it better to not speak- not when tears were threatening to spill down his hot cheeks.

the prince smirked and walked closer to taehyung. he was dressed in a vest which was translucent enough that taehyung could see his toned stomach, his deep inky hair was again tied up into a bun with strands falling over his face.

"yes, that was quite a first impression you gave me." jeongguk's face was strained in a fashion that suggested he was trying very hard not to laugh.

"i'm sorry, sir.." taehyung dared not glance up at the older, but he hoped his sincere words would relieve some of the prince's pique.

jeongguk turned back around to pick up a pure white towel and flung it over his broad shoulder.

"i'm going to shower, have my clothes ready by the time i come back out. sit there once you're finished." he pointed towards a rich emerald armchair situated next to his bed, an essence of a smirk still lingering on his lips.

taehyung nodded in a solemn sort of way and stood as still as a sculpture until the prince had left the room and the sound of running water arose from the bathroom.