Chapter 1

Cami's POV
     "Cami! Let's go!" I was just finishing tying my shoes when I looked at my clock and saw that it read 4:45 A.M.. Although both my parents are higher ranks than most people in their jobs, they still like to be fit so that they can be the best at their job. Every morning at 5 we go for a ten mile run, which usually takes about an hour and a half. Once we return home, we work out for another hour before getting ready for school or work. Before leaving the house, we all have a quick breakfast together, where we discuss our schedules for the day. We try to stick to this schedule, and only change it if there is an emergency at one of my parents jobs. Luckily, today is not one of those days.
     "So what is your schedule like today, Cami?", my dad asks.
     I get planner to quickly check, "School from 8:30 to 2, drive home, finish packing, and then wait for you and mom to drive me to the airport, which I have to be at by 4:15 to board by 4:45, and land by 9 Chicago time" I announce confidently.
     "Good. Your father and I are both taking half days, meaning that we'll be all ready to take you. I can't believe my baby is flying halfway across the country to look at colleges! It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with you!" my mom gushed.
     "I'm already almost done with my second year of college, so I'm basically just moving to a new house. Plus I'll see you soon, I'm only going for a few days," I responded.
     "Of course, but this has all gone by so fast, I mean you're graduating high school in 2 weeks and college in 2 years. It feels like I'll blink and all of a sudden be  walking you down the isle," my dad stated.
     " I know, I know. Well I love you guys but I have to get to school" I told them while gathering my things.
     "I love you too! Have a good day at school" my parents said at the same time before looking at each other and bursting into a fit of giggles.
     Even though I roll my eyes and mutter about how weird they are while walking to my car, I know deep down that I would be the luckiest girl in the world if I found a guy that loved me as much as my parents love each other.
     As I start to drive to school in my white heel wrangler- don't judge me, I'm a teenage girl in SoCal- I continue to think about how lucky I am to have my parents. I quickly park in the school parking lot and head to my first period.
     Because of my trip to Chicago, I had to take my finals early, so while everyone else is prepping for their finals, I am doing work for one of the college courses I'm taking. I know that sounds crazy, but I skipped two grades in elementary school, and then started taking college classes my junior year, when I was 14.
     My schedule usually consists of working out in the morning, high school from 8:30 to 2, dance team from 2:15 to 5, and then driving to either the fire station or the district to work on homework and college work from 5:15 to 10:30. Then I drive home and go to bed.
     As the bell rings, I look up and notice that it is already 2, and time for me to go home.
     When I get home, I check my packing checklist 2 more times and reorganize my bag and room. I quickly change into a comfy but cute travel set, and leave my stuff by the front door. Since I still have 20 minutes before my parents get home, I cut some carrots, cucumber, and tomatoes for a snack. A few minutes later I hear both of my parents cars pull up and then get out. They both come in and give me a kiss before excusing themselves to go change.
     Once they come downstairs we have the snack I prepared and head out to the car. During the car ride we discuss how our day had been so far. As we arrive at LAX, we exchange our final reminders, 'I love you' and we'll wishes. I walked through security and to my gate just as my boarding group was called.

 I walked through security and to my gate just as my boarding group was called

Cami's Travel Look

Cami's Car