Waiting

I was lying on the couch, lost in my own imagination while the TV blared at me in the background. My eyes lazily drifted toward the clock. 1:03 A.M. I sighed out of exhaustion and slight frustration. Seph was working late. Again. I wanted to wait for him, however at this rate I'd fall asleep on the couch, then fall off of it and hit my head after about ten minutes.

Reluctantly I dragged myself off of the couch and flicked the TV off. I wandered towards the bedroom mindlessly, squinting my eyes to spot walls to try avoid walking face first into them. This tactic mostly worked, if you ignore the fact that I stubbed my toe against the wall.

Finally I reached the bedroom and practically fell into the bed, burying my face into the fluffy pillows. I let out a long sigh and threw the covers over myself. I was laying there for a while, rather content with my own company. However, before the comfortable silence of sleep could consume me, I heard the door open and then shut. Ah, there he is, fucking finally.

I hear his footsteps walking down the hallway and towards the room. I pushed myself up and sat up on the bed so I could greet him. The door slowly opens and I'm met with those bright, cat-like eyes of his. I give him a tired smile which he quietly chuckles at before speaking.

"You're not asleep?"

"I nearly was, up until your loud ass ambled into the house and made your presence known."

He just laughs at my comment and walks over to the bed and sits on the edge. I scoot over to him and rest my head on his back, playing with his silver hair.

"You make a very good pillow, by the way."

"I'm sure I do."

He begins to take his uniform off and I lay back down onto the bed, noticing the dip in the mattress caused by his weight. He sighs and lays on the bed with me, slowly wrapping his arms around my waist. I turn around to face him and nuzzled into the crook of his neck. I could hear his heartbeat and felt his chest rising and falling.

I feel my muscles relaxing and appreciating the comforting warmth. The silence was comfortable and soon felt my eyelids growing heavier and unable remain open. I let out one final yawn and close my eyes.

"Night Seph."

"Goodnight (Y/N)."

I feel a kiss planted on my forehead, before letting my drowsiness overtake me and fall into the comfortable darkness of sleep.

——————

A/N

Aha wow look at that I wrote a thingy. I wanted to start with something simple because I haven't actually written anything remotely romantic. So yeah I like how it turned out, I think it's pretty sweet. I hope you enjoyed the story.