Chapter 1: Red eyes under the moon

During those times, I was still young and carefree so I still didn't know what life really was. For me all I wanted was to have fun so I had fun. But this recklessness on life leading to adulthood took me and my friends in a rather strange and above all extraordinary situation which changed our lives forever.
.
.
.
Two years ago
December 30, 2019

A young girl of about 17 was in her room, lying on the bed while looking at the ceiling with a thoughtful and above all bored look.

It was almost the end of the year but she had no plans to celebrate the New Year. Her mother will not be there on the 31st because of her job, so she will be home alone. What was distressing for her, spending New Years Eve alone at home was not one of the best options especially for a young teenage girl.

It was then that a crazy idea crossed her mind, she got up from the bed with a big smile and rushed to pick up her phone from the bedside then dialed someone's number while smiling broadly.

- "Hi man, tell our friends to meet in our shelter immediately !!! I have an announcement to make !! You are going to like it" - she said then cut the call without saying anything else before running to her wardrobe to quickly change.

Once ready, she rushed to the exit door and grabbed her skyteboard to the side and left. After having locked the house, she went off on her skyteboard with a big smile on her face.

Passing from street to street, from corridor to corridor, she rolled at full speed on her wheeled board while taking several detours in order to arrive as quickly as possible towards this place that she and her friends call 'Their Refuge'. A place that only they know about, their own little secret Garden.

As she progressed, she met her friends one by one on the way, all on their respective means of transport.

One of them, a boy with brown hair wearing an upturned cap and lollipop candy in his mouth was also on a skyteboard.

and Another boy, a little taller and looking more mature than the other, was wearing sunglasses while on his motorbike.

A short dark haired girl dressed like a rap star, a black bag on her back and she was riding a bicycle.

Then another girl with long blonde hair who was on a roller but unlike the others she had all the necessary protection on her body so she won't get hurt if ever she fell down.

Our young protagonist smiled at the sight of her friends then accelerated a little more followed by her friends who had the same smile as her.

Then in an instant they all arrived towards the entrance of their refuge. The back of a ruined house hidden by an old wooden fence of about 2 to 3 meters, seen from the outside it looked like nothing but the inside was a whole different story .....

The five groups of friends had tidied up everything that was left of the house a bit, they tore down the worn walls and took everything necessary to make the place a magical place.
They put tables, chairs, cushions and even an old worn out sofas they found in an old warehouse, supplies of all kinds and lots of other things that made the place like a real secret garden, they even had a little fridge that they managed to repair. There was even their photos of them hung all over the place with garlands.

- "Piouf !!! I almost didn't manage to get out, Lisa, you better tell us something worth our move this time!" -The boy with the brown hair and cap turned up said as he sat down on their old sofa.

- "Don't worry Jungkook, this is one of the coolest ideas I had, you will like it I'm 100% sure" -Lisa said with a dreamy smile and the girl with the long hair laughed at Lisa's expression as she took off her rollerblades and then lay falt down on the floor with a sigh.