Winged (Part 2)

-- Archer POV --

I was waiting in the cafe wrecked with anxiety, waiting for Logan to arrives. 'What if he figures out who I am? What if he knows! What if he sees my wings?!' I started to drown in my thoughts when I heard the bell at the door chime and I looked up to see Logan. He had a dress shirt on with black trousers and though his hair wasn't as slicked, it was pulled back in a messy look that looked deliberate and delicate. I waved to him and he smiled as he moved to join me.

"Hello, thank you for agreeing to meet with me."

"No worries! You did ask nicely." I laughed

-- Logan POV --

'His laugh... it's so sweet, so innocent, so... intoxicating...' I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"Well, I am still happy that you accepted." I smiled. Soon a waitress came by and took our orders. I got a chicken salad and water while Archer got a BLT sandwich with an Italian soda.

"So, Archer, please tell me about yourself." I asked, hoping that I could get to know this familiar stranger.

"Oh... well, I grew up in foster homes but I hated it. I couldn't exactly live on my own so I just lived with it until I was 18. Then I got a minimum wage job and then built up my own life." Archer explained as he started to pick at the napkin that held some cutlery

"Oh, what about your foster family?" Archer gave a dry chuckle

"They don't give a shit about me. I moved across the country as soon as I moved out, well more like I was kicked out." Archer leaned back into his chair and stuffed his hands into his pocket.

"Oh... I'm-" "Don't apologise, you had no control or idea." he smiled. It was a sad smile that made me quiet and I watched him, I simply nodded.

"They weren't abusive or anything, they just... kinda ignored me, took the paychecks as they came and avoided causing any trouble surrounding me." Archer stared at a wall for a moment before blinking a few times and quickly making eye contact with me

"That is still terrible." I started but the words soon died and I picked at my fingers slightly

"It's just life."Archer muttered with a shrug.

"I am very sorry for the wait." Our waitress smiled as she placed our food and drinks down.

"The weather is very calm today, it must have been a very pleasant flight." I smiled trying to start a conversation

"I suppose so, I wouldn't know though." he muttered

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well... I don't fly, I feel like people have forgotten the joy of walking." he chuckled

"I suppose..." I started, watching him in wonder and confusion. 'I never met someone else who doesn't fly. Does he have wings?'

"What about you?" Archer suddenly asked, "did you fly?"

"Oh, no. I can't I don't have wings."

"Really? Wow, you learn new things every day." he smirked slightly which caused me to chuckle.

"I thought that people who don't have wings can't join the police force." Archer added, curiosity in his voice.

"Yes, well I made wings." I smirked

"What? Really! How?" Archer asked, wonder and excitement sparkling in his eyes. 'Cute'

"I used a light and flexible metal alloy to make my wings. I have a chip in my neck," I tapped where it was out of habit, "that helps me control the wings. It took a really long time for me to learn how to use it but I eventually got immensely good, the department has even said I was probably their best flyer."