Chapter 1 - The Gift

It is nighttime and in the corner in a large empty warehouse there is a black metal desk illuminated only by beam of moonlight. 2 men, Stich and Red, in standing in front of the desk and a man is sitting in the chair behind it, hiding his face in the shadows. 

"Listen I don't want nothing to go wrong this time. I need this necklace." He taps his finger on the necklace that is displaying on the tablet that is on the metal desk. 

"That necklace is my key to the files I need to finally have all control of the company." He said menacingly. 

"I need someone who won't mind taking the fall if something goes wrong." He said as he stood up and put his hands on the desk as though grabbing it.

Stich nods and says, "Yes boss."

"Someone that is insignificant. A failure. A loser." The man in the shadows continues. 

Stich nods again and continues to say, "Um Yes boss. Understood. I have the perfect person for the job. Don't worry. You won't be disappointed boss."

"Oh, I am not worried. I always get what I want." The man opens the top right side drawer of the desk and takes out a small red gift box with a yellow bow on it.

"This is a present to remind you that I need that necklace" Stich smiles excitedly, takes the box, and opens it. He lets out a girl scream when he sees the severed finger nestled in ice in the box.

The man in the shadows starts to laugh maniacally then coughs as though he was choking on his own spit and yells "NOW GO!" As he slams his hands on the metal desk. 

"You have 1 week to get me the necklace and 1hr to get me the name of the person that will be doing this job." He says as he holds his hands from the pain of slamming his hands. 

"Yes boss, right away boss" Stich stammers as he and the other guy run out of the warehouse. 

They get into the car and Stich lets out a sigh of relief. Red turns to Stich and says "Damn, how are we going to get that necklace? "

"You heard the boss; he wants someone insignificant and a failure." Stich says placing his hands to his chin.

"I'm not for this type of life. I only said yes because you said you would lend me money. And that this was a huge payout for you." Red says in an almost whiny voice. 

Stich says, "I know Red" getting annoyed.

Red continued "I plan on taking that money and opening my bakery downtown."

"Red" Stich says holding his breath in and starting to clutch the steering wheel. 

"I'm almost done with my classes." Red says tears forming in his eyes.

"Red" Stich says visibly losing his temper. 

 "I can't mess it up. You said you needed a bodyguard". Red says sniffling. 

"Red!" Stich yells as he can't take it anymore taking Red's face in his hands. "I know! You will finish it and you will get your money do not worry. Has your big bro ever let you down?" 

He looks at Red and calmly annoyed as, Red was about to answer the question, "Well....., Stich puts a finger up and interrupts Red and says, "Don't answer that!" Red sits straight up and stares straight ahead. 

Stich looks at him and then straight ahead again, holding the steering wheel, and nodding his head, says "Cause, I have the perfect guy"

Stich takes his cellphone and calls Nico. "Hey Boss, I have the perfect guy......"