Chapter 3 - Was this real?

Melissa sat up and used her left hand to hold her head up. She was holding the bedsheet over her bare chest with her right hand. 

She loved Ty and knew she could get used to this but what she saw in his eyes today, she knew what he was about to say. Again. 

And in true Tyrone fashion just as she had predicted, he said "Got you some OJ. Just got a call. I have a few things to finish here so..." he paused and gave her a look. 

She finished his sentence for him. "It's time for me to go. Like always. Gotcha." Tyrone apologetically looked away and started gathering her clothes.

Melissa rolled her eyes as she sat up to drink the OJ.  She placed the empty cup on the nightstand and took her clothes from Ty. 

 She stared at him as she started to put on her clothes. He stared back, not wanting to say anything because he actually cared about her. 

He did not want to say the wrong thing, but knew it would only be a matter of time before she got tired of this "relationship" they had. 

He let her finish putting on her clothes and then left out the door. "Right." Melissa mumbled to herself as she grabbed her purse and walked out behind him. 

Tyrone opened the front door at the bottom of the stairs and tried to give Melissa a kiss. "I'll call you later" Melissa obviously disappointed, avoided his kiss and he ended up kissing her cheek. 

"You know I would have you stay but I have something to do" Tyrone said as Melissa gave him a side glance and walked out the door without replying to him.

"Fuck" Tyrone mumbled as he closed the door.

Tyrone loved Melissa. She was the only woman he ever loved in his 34yrs. He had sooo many girlfriends but none compared to Melissa. He never cared when his women would leave him. But with Melissa it was different. He wanted her to stay forever. He just didn't know what to do to get her to stay. 

He would have to think of that later and pray that she wasn't done with him. He had to get to the mall to see what he was working with. He couldn't believe that Stitch would do that. If Stitch had been here, he would have fucked him up. 

But whatever it was done. He walked out the door. 

He arrived at the mall. It was more packed than usual and he started to wonder what the heck was going on until he remembered that Christmas was just around the corner. 

"FUCK" he said a little too loudly as children were running in front of him. He started walking towards the jewelry store. As he passed the families, the teen groups, the friends, he never felt more alone. He passed a pretzel place and decided to get a pretzel to seem more convincing, when got to the jewelry place. 

He walked back and forth past the entrance looking around and checking to see if outside there were any cameras. He didn't see any so he went inside. 

He walked around the store looking at all the glass cases as though he was admiring the jewelry. All the price tags scared him though. Everything was either $3,000,$4,000 or $5,000. As he approached the back of the store to the necklace he needed to get. He froze.   

The price tag on that specific necklace was $1.5million. He thought to himself who the fuck can afford this price tag, no wonder they want to steal it. 

It was a beautiful necklace, with diamonds all around it including up to the neckline. It had a heart gemstone in the middle of it and small heart gemstones on each side on top and the bottom. 

He asked to see the necklace. The lady behind the counter gave him a look but went to get  the keys from the hook in the back and started to open the glass case. "I'm looking to for something for my wife. It's our 10yr anniversary"  He said smiling trying to sound convincing. 

The lady behind the counter wasn't convinced, but she took the necklace out anyway. When she placed the necklace in his hand, he felt that it seemed light. She stared him as she said "Oh those are for display. They are the exact replica as the real ones that we keep in the vault in the back." She pointed to the back. She walked away while he studied the necklace. 

"We can't have the real thing out here or we would get robbed everyday you know. But that one is worth $5,000 so it's still a good amount" She said as she chuckled at her words. He moved his head slightly to glance slowly towards the back and saw it was guarded by 2 men. Fuck. I can't do this. I have to tell Stitch.  

He started to walk out the door, when the alarm to the store went off. He still had the necklace in his hands. He immediately threw the necklace at the lady and ran out of the store before the guards got to him. One of the diamond links fell off the necklacebut the lady did not realize. She took the necklace and placed it back in the redvelvet box.