Chapter 2 - Mr. Nice Guy?

Tyrone was laying on his bed belly side down. The room looked like there had been a party with beer cans, pizza boxes and a wine bottle on the nightstand to the left. On the floor near the bed were his jeans, a woman's dress, shoes and socks all over the floor. 

Tyrone's cellphone starts ringing. Tyrone groans and groggily lifts his right hand over to the nightstand to get his phone. With one eye open, he presses the button that turns the screen on his phone on. He sees that the time says 6am and that it is Stich calling.

"Why the hell, are you calling me at 6am for Stich?" He groans as he moves his feet to the floor and get up on the bed. "Hey my man, Ty, my buddy." Stich says nervously but cheerfully on the other end.

Tyrone slowly gets up off the bed and looks at the woman sleeping on the other side. He thinks to himself, how peaceful she looks. She was getting to him. But he knew that would not last. For some reason they always left.

He tiptoed out the door into the hallway and started walking down the stairs. "What do you want Stich?" Tyrone groaned annoyed.

"Ty why the annoyance? You sound like you had a blast last night." Stich said. Nervously he blurted out what he wanted from Tyrone in one breath.

"I need you to steal a necklace from the jewelry store at the mall." Stitch closed his eyes and braced himself for what he knew was coming. 

"What? No, no, no! I told you I wanted out. The job last week was supposed to be my out." Tyrone said as he opened the fridge to get some orange juice, opened the cabinet and took 2 pills from the pain reliever bottle and swallowed them down with the juice.

"I know Ty, but I need you buddy. This is an easy one. In and out." Stich said hoping he did not have to mention the consequences.

"No, Stich!. Why are you still doing these things? You should have left also." Tyrone said as he walked to the bathroom to pee.

"Well, yea I was almost done, but this job has a huge payout. I couldn't say no." Stich said.

Tyrone sighed and rolled his eyes. "Who is it for this time that you couldn't say no?"

Stich started to breath heavily on the phone. "Stich, stop being a pervert and tell me who is it for?" Tyrone said.

"Alright. Alright. It's for Nico Suave." Stich cringed as Tyrone started to yell at him on the phone. 

"Nico?! Nico?! What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you crazy?! He never asks for just one job. Omg. Did you tell him my name?" Tyrone said as he flushed the toilet and put the phone down on the sink in speaker mode. He washed his hands and stared to pace back and forth in the bathroom.

Stich started to cry. "I had to. He wanted a name within the hour. I had no choice man. I'm sorry." Stich started to sob on the phone.

Tyrone let out an angry silent yell. "Stop crying man. I have told you that is not good for your face. You will get wrinkles before your time."

Stich wiped his snot from his face and said "I know Ty. But you got to do it. If you don't, Nico is going to kill us. He gave me a severed finger to prove it."

"Damnit Stich!" Tyrone smacks the wall next to the bathroom door. "By when he needs the job done?" Tyrone said as he hastily and quietly walked out the bathroom to the kitchen to grab a glass of orange juice for Melissa. 

"He is giving us a week" Stich said as he wiped the last of his tears. 

"A week? Why so long? This is not like his usual jobs. I wonder what Nico is up to. It does not matter. I will go tonight to get this over with." Tyrone said angrily. Stich let out a sigh of relief as he started to jump up and down. "Omg thank you! Thank you!"

"Yea Stich, fuck you." Tyrone said as he hung up the phone on Stich wishing he had a flip phone so that Stitch could have heard the click sound in his ear. 

Tyrone stopped a few feet from the bedroom door and mumbled curses under his breath. He hoped that Melissa had not heard his conversation.