Chapter-5

Meher's p.o.v

Bhaiya asked me with a suspicious look," Meher, Are you really staying in Fuppo's (Aunt) house? I am feeling that you are hiding something from me."

I masked my unbearable expression forcing a smile and asked him," Why are you feeling like that?"

" I had insulted Fuppo and her husband so badly. Still, they are helping me in my case by giving money to the lawyer! This thing is really hard to believe," Bhaiya replied with a slightly suspicious tone.

I rested my one hand on his shoulder and said," They are helping us on my request. You know very well that Fuppo liked me very much."

He sighed and said," Yeah, I know that. They are really generous that even after my insult they are helping me in my case and bearing the expenses of Asif's treatment. Moreover, they are also bearing the expense of your studies."

Hearing him I just took a breath thinking about how I am handling everything. How can I tell my brother that I have become a whore of a wealthy man! How can I tell him that I am spreading my legs in front of a vulture every night! How can I tell him that I am handling everything by burying my self-respect and dignity.

Thinking all these some tears started forming in my eyes but I controlled them immediately to avoid Bhaiya's any kind of questions

Then, Bhaiya told me holding my hands," Please, Meher, tell Fuppo that I am sorry for my behaviour. Tell her that I am ashamed of myself."

I hugged my brother and said patting his back," I will tell her, bhaiya. Don't worry."

I talked with him for sometime and assured him that very soon he will be freed from the jail. When I will just leave the jail, bhaiya holds my hands and said with a heavy voice," Meher, I am not a good person. I have committed many sins that's why Allah is punishing me."

I again hugged him and said," No, bhaiya. You are not a sinner. Just keep trust on Allah. He will help us."

He didn't say anything further and two policeman dragged him towards the cell.

After that, I left the police station giving hope to my brother that I will go any length to prove him innocent. I know that my brother can't be a murderer. He might be an arrogant and ruthless person but he can never kill someone.

My brother's arrogance always messed up everything. We used to have a good relation with my Fuppo until my father was alive. After his death, my brother Adeel became the CEO of our company. After becoming the CEO he became more arrogant and because of his arrogant behaviour, our other relatives became distant from us. One day my brother behaved very roughly with our Fuppo and she cut all her ties with us. That's why when I needed my relative's support nobody helped me.

Still, he is my brother. I love my brothers more than anything else in this world.

I am thinking all this and walking on the street without looking at the road. After walking for some time I called a taxi to return to my hell.