Chapter Thirteen: Bloodbath

Bella looked right and left, to make sure no one was watching her. Bella stood up and grabbed Nora by the throat, and dragged her into Bella's room. Bella pinned Nora against the wall and tightened her grip around Nora's neck.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Bella hissed. Nora grabbed Bella by the wrist and flipped her over, making Bella hit the ground with a loud Thud. Nora placed her foot over Bella's throat, the heel of her boot pressing into Bella's skin. Bella struggled under Nora's heel, but she knew if she moved, the heel would slash her throat open.

"First of all sweetie, I was created before you and I have killed way more humans than you. Therefore, I'm hell lot stronger than you," Nora scoffed. "Second of all, I'm your only hope to a happy ending." Nora lifted her foot off of Bella's throat and walked over to the door, slamming it shut.

Nora sat down on a padded chair and crossed her legs. "Sit," Nora said pointing to a chair across from her. "I will tell you everything." Bella shuffled over to the chair and sat down.

"You are Renesmee's mom, correct?" Bella interjected. Nora nodded.

"Yes. By blood I am Renesmee's mother. Although, I do not call her family." Nora smoothed out the wrinkles on her black jeans and waited for Bella to reply. Bella was too stunned to speak, so Nora carried on. "I am not who you think I am, Bella. I have a story, that does not have a happy ending." Bella picked at her cuticles and listened to Nora.

"My name is Nora Florence Bruno,and I am a daughter of a very poor man," Nora stated. "My family, we could not sustain ourselves; we were moving from one shack to another. One day, my mother was beaten and raped to death."

"I'm so sorry-" Bella said. Nora interrupted her by raising a hand. Bella pursed her lips and Nora put her hand down.

"After my mother's death, my father refused to work. He wanted to join her in heaven, so he left me. I knew my father was upset, but we were starving and cold and poor. I had no choice but to receive help from them."

"Them?" Bella asked.

"The Volturi. They loved their people. I don't know why it changed," Nora said, taking in a sharp breath. "When I was sixteen, I went to Volterra to beg the Volturi for help. The Volturi agreed to help me but I had to return the favour. Aro told me about vampires and about a clan of them that existed in America. He said I had to fall in love with the youngest male vampire, and carry his child."

"Edward," The name rolled off of Bella's tongue instantly. Bella analyzed Nora's face and she could see the pain in her eyes when Bella said his name.

"I never wanted anyone to get hurt," Nora mumbled. "I was only thinking about myself." Nora brushed a curl away from her face and looked at the ground.

"I can see where Renesmee gets her looks," Bella stated with a smile. Nora chuckled quietly.

"She has her father's curls," Nora said. The corners of her lips twitched, and Nora smiled a pained smile. Nora cleared her throat. "Where was I?"

"You were talking about the favour you had to return."

"Right. The Volturi sent me to Forks, Washington and I started high school. I couldn't think about the Volturi, or else I would be caught. You see, Edward was a mind reader. He soon fell for me and we eventually got engaged. I was shocked, for this wasn't part of the plan. They told me to continue and that I had limited days left to become pregnant. On the night before our wedding, I seduced him."

Nora clenched her jaw. "I then started carrying a child. Edward was shocked. He never knew things like this could happen. The child broke every part of me; my ribs and even my pelvis. When I gave birth, Renesmee broke my breastbone."