Prologue

Horikita's POV:

The halls of the school felt ominous.

Up until this moment, it had felt like a day like no other, but soon my composure began to break as I stepped outside of class and walked into the halls.

It was a sight I had never seen before. To my recollection, it's been a year since we came to this school but I had never once seen a drastic change such as this in the weather of this island.

The crackling of thunder and the fierce downpour rattled the windows, as I shallowed my steps and walked alongside them. Normally, I would never feel an ounce of panic from something as trivial this but today was different. I had a sinking feeling something was going to go wrong soon and I would be knee-deep in the thick of it. The existence of a darkness that would soon course through my body and threatened to swallow me whole. The very ideals and beliefs I still clinged to, and perhaps my entire existence.

If not for my slight relapse in responsibility, I would not even be in this situation. Much earlier, I would be heading home than now when it was almost an hour past the time classes ended. One of the books I had was going to be overdue soon, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to return it today rather than risk letting it go overdue in the future. We could never know if we might lose points this way, but the chances were likely.

Finally I arrived at the door, and crept inside making sure to not make any noise to disturb any other individuals. However, I faced another odd situation as I looked around and saw that I was all alone. Neck deep in solitude, with not a single whisper to be heard from all around me. The bad feeling grew stronger and decided to infest in my thoughts.

I quickly decided to leave the book at the counter, and get out of there as soon as I could. Or so that was the plan until a certain something caught my eye.

Looking behind me, near a few of the bookcases there was a book resting on the table with an intriguing cover.

It baffled me. The questions came bottling out.

Why was I on here?

Why was he?

Is this a ploy by one of the classes?

I looked to see the author's name but there was nothing. It was blank, almost as though it had been erased.

The weather was still as bad as ever, but this had caught my attention. Forcefully, I decided to stay back. I couldn't steal the book and leave, and I couldn't glance the librarian to be anywhere. Self-check was non-existent, so I had no other option.

I decided I should probably keep this to myself for the time being, and look over it's contents before any of the other classes catch wind of it.

AN: Just an idea I had. Hope you liked it and feel free to criticize anything you'd like. Writing is not my strong suit, so feedback would be helpful. Oh and about the author of the book, just ignore that part on the image and imagine it's blank. Thanks!