9 | C A R D

Golden glimpses of the sun streamed through the open gaps of the blinds making Dr

Golden glimpses of the sun streamed through the open gaps of the blinds making Dr. Cullen realize that it was now the next morning. Which would mean he would be able to discharge Celeste and be able to go home to his family.

They had called multiple times through the night asking if they could come along and introduce themselves to the Swan girl.

But Carlisle immediately and firmly said no, she had calmed down after the incident when Bella was mentioned with Jacob's heartbeat making her relax. Yet throughout the night, she had woken up due to nightmares, screaming in fear that Jacob and Charlie were helping Renee and Phill with her punishment.

Dr . Cullen could tell Jacob was close to shifting in the hospital room, but what surprised him was the boy lean down and kissed her forehead causing her screaming to stop, but she still clung to Jake making sure he wouldn't leave her alone.

The only possibility for that reaction would imprint, which would mean that if more vampires turned up, Jake's wolf could go protective toward Celeste, and he didn't want to know how bad the outcome could be.

Shaking his head at his thoughts he walks into Celeste's hospital room, seeing her softly smile toward a sleeping Jacob. Knocking on the wall beside him, he wanted to make his presences known to the girl, so she wasn't startled when he walked in.

"Good Morning, Miss Swan." Carlisle greets his patient with a gentle smile.

Celeste turns her head and smiles at her doctor before burring her head into her Mr wolf's chest, she was still a little confused at what was going on and why she was being treated so nice by these people.

It was strange. But a good strange. She just hopes they don't change.

A part of her deep down knew these people were good, the soft smiles they would send her way, the way Jake never let go of her as she slept, and how her dad would tell her how she's grown up to be a beautiful woman.

Thinking about her father, she already missed him, which was ridiculous, he was only two minutes away by her request. She wanted a gift for Dr. Cullen to go with the thank you card she had already filled out. When she had heard some of the other nurses talk about how he personally came in to work for her.

She felt guilty that she had taken him away from his family. So, Charlie suggested some flowers knowing Carlisle and his family were on a strict diet and didn't want to waste gifting him chocolates.

Jacob had to reassure her multiple times that he would come back but she wasn't convinced, not until she saw him walking into her hospital room, then her anxiety calmed down.

"Carlisle" Charlie nods his head in acknowledgment, sitting back down next to his daughter.

"Good job you are here. Miss Celeste here is free to go. Remember what we talked about. Bed rest for two weeks after that, slowly and gradually start doing the stretches to get your body back into a routine." Dr Cullen explains to both Charlie and Celeste.

"But don't try and overdo it. If you are struggling or in pain with the stretches give yourself a rest. We need your body to heal."

Carlisle smiles at the girl "Other than that, you are able to go home. You should be proud of yourself Miss Swan."

He starts walking towards the door when a small voice calls out. "Um, Doctor? Sir?"

Carlisle turns around to see Celeste with a nervous expression. "Carlisle is just fine dear"

The girl looks at her dad who gives her a ressuring smile and looks back at Dr Cullen "Carlisle?" she tests out in a whisper unsure what was happen or what they would do.

Seeing the two males with soft expressions on their faces, her lips turn up at the realisation that she wouldn't get in trouble for what she had done.

Clearing her throat she moves her hand under the blanket waking up Jacob in the process, revealing a card "Um this is for you."

"Um I ask...my...dad to get you a gift. Just to say thank you for helping me." Celeste fiddles with her fingers in her lap.

"I know you don't eat certain foods. So flowers were the next option." Charlie states holding out the bouquet of flowers which Carlise takes out of his hands.

"I appreciate that, Celeste. Thank you very much." Carlisle says opening the 'Thank You!' card.

"I will see you again in three weeks." Carlie states leaving the hospital room and walking to his office to grab his belongings. Finally leaving the hospital he gets into his car and drives home.

Arriving at his home, he enters the front door holding the bunch off flowers in his hand and his bag in the other. Walking up the stairs to the living when he hears three loud growls, furrowing his eyebrows as he walks into the room.

Carlisle notices how Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmet are growling at him with narrow eyes.

"What's going on?" He questions a little concerned at why they would be behaviour like this towards him.

"Where were you?" Rosalie questions crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do you mean? Where was I? you know where I've been."

Edward sighs "There's a scent on you or around you that is making them irritated."

"It's frustrating, it's not like the smell of mates..." Emmet trials off covering his face with his hands.

"...But the urge to protect them is extremely strong." Rosalie finishes.

"It's so strong, the major is trying to get control." Jasper clenches his jaw.

Esme hated feeling helpless for her children, they might be hundreds of years old, but because they were changed so young, their mind would not have fully developed yet, so sometimes their maturity was still very childish.

"Have you seen anything?" Carlise looks to a worried Alice who shakes her head.

"No something is blocking my visions. It's just blank."

At Alice's comment Carlisle had an idea of what was happening, taking a deep breath he speaks "I may have an idea. I'm going to put these flowers over there." He points to the coffee table.

" Once I've put them done, why don't you smell them and then this card." Carlise shows them the thank you card from Celeste.

All three of the growling vampire's eyes snap to the card in his hand, forgetting about smelling the flowers.

That." Rosalie points to the card "Where did you get it from?"

Caslie sighs "I was right."

Esme raises her eyebrows "right about what?"

"This card is from Celeste Swan." Caslise confesses looking at Roslie, Emmet and Jasper "And yous three have a soul-bond connection towards her."

"WHAT?"

————-