26 | A N S W E R S

Perfect

Perfect.

That's how Sam Uley felt as he woke up the next morning, A surge of emotions washed over him as he found himself embraced by the gentle arms encircling his waist. Gazing downwards was then when he noticed his imprint peacefully sleeping on his chest. The concept of imprinting had initially appeared ridiculous to him when Elders brought the topic up. How could one single person have the ability to make him feel whole and complete? However in this very moment despite the ongoing chaos, the Alpha and his wolf couldn't envision anything more desirable than having Celeste in his arms.

Safe and protected.

Yet that moment of bliss was soon interrupted by the sound of the house phone ringing.

Huffing in annoyance, he slowly moves Celeste's arms away from his waist, causing a little frown to develop on her face. He softly moves her body to the person next to her, not wanting his imprint to be upset even in her sleep.

Sam lips twitched as he fought back a smile when he saw Seth unconsciously draw Celeste into his arms, causing the frown on her face disappear.

Hearing the sound of the phone ringing again, the Alpha forces himself to move away from the adorable scene in front of him, although he would never say that out loud.

"Yes" he answers bluntly.

He didn't want to seem disrespectful to whoever was calling him, however they had unintentionally interrupted his special moment with Celeste. Which caused him to become a little grumpy due to the realisation that Seth would be reluctant to release her now.

"Apologies Sam, it's Jasper I know it's early, however with the news me and my family have just received. I though it was best for you informed you as soon as possible."

The alpha eyes slightly widen in surprise not expecting the person to be calling to have been a Cullen. He had thought the caller would have been Charlie calling to check in on how his daughter was doing. Since it would have been the very first night Celeste would have spent away from her father since her return.

Sam's heartbeat quickened with a mix of curiosity and uncertainty at what information they leeches had that needed his attention.

"Care to elaborate?" Sam growls out.

It didn't take much to know why Jasper would have wanted Sam to know whatever information they had been told. There was only one thing linking the pack and the vampire coven together.

Celeste.

"You already know who it's about."Jasper sighs "I think it's best to have this conversation in person."

"Fine." Sam huffs in irritation "Meet at the treaty line in five." He adds before hangs up the phone.

The man shuts his eyes tightly, talking a deep breath as he begins to count to ten in an attempt to regain his composure from the frustrating call. Meanwhile, his wolf paces back and forth anxiously in his mind, hating the feeling of not knowing what was going on that involved his imprint.