31 | C R A Z Y

A Goose

A Goose

A freaking Goose

"Did we hear her right?" Paul whispers, leaning over to Jared's ear in disbelief.

He had prepared himself for what could happen when they told Celeste the truth. He also assumed the rest of his pack had as well. He was ready, for screaming, crying, insults, anger, being ignored but getting called a goose was not what he had in mind.

Neither did his pack.

"I...er..i think so" Jared stutters with wide eyes at his imprint.

He knew he had heard her correctly but the question was what did being called a goose mean? Was it a good thing? A bad thing?.

He had no idea.

"Celeste?" Leah raises an eyebrow at the pacing girl, she didn't seem anger, or upset but almost relieved at the news.

"You are gooses!" Celeste nods her head, walking back and forth as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Okay?" Jake says unsurely, glancing at his pack before continuing "Can you explain why?"

He had been focusing on her heartbeat from the start of the conversation and as soon as they confessed that she was their imprint. Her pulse started to calm down and return to normal which was a shock as he was expecting and ready for the totally opposite.

"Because. You" She points towards her best friend "You. You. All of you" She states pointing at the group of shifters "You made me think I was going insane." She growls shaking her head.

"What?"

"I...I thought I was going crazy, wanting to be so close to you all, I mean I was freaking out when Seth dropped me off and all I could do was..." She pauses, her whole body tensing as she realised her words.

"Could do what?" Sam gently pushes the girl, wanting her to finish her sentence.

He had been called a lot of things, from drug dealer to cult leader but a goose, that was a new one for him.

He wanted to understand of viewpoint and how she was feeling, she was the most important thing in his life. So making sure her voice and opinions was heard was a priority for him.

"Doesn't matter" Celeste groans, feeling her cheeks heat up at her own thoughts.

She was internally scolding herself for thinking such things, this was supposed to be a serious conversation and thinking about kissing all of them wasn't the best time.

"Clearly it does matter, little moon" Jake softly says to his imprint "Don't over think it. Just breath and say whatever you were about to say."

He could tell she was feeling embarrassed about something and wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms. To tell her that she had nothing to worry about, that whatever she was embarrassed about he and the pack would never judge her.