Chapter 6

Arha POV

Talking has always made me feel better. Honestly, no one would have a talkative morning routine as me. While people prefer brushing, and atleast bathing in silence, the first thing I do when I wake is Talk. Not a mere good morning, or Oh! Give me five more minutes.

I speak about the last day, or about a movie character I saw in some movie I watched weeks ago, or something about kids. The drowsy, and 'wanting to go back to sleep' state in me immediately washes off as I talk. No face wash or ice bath could get me that refreshed.

So, I talk today morning too. I wake up, and walk out of my room into the kitchen. My mom is halfway through cooking breakfast, I raise myself onto the kitchen counters and start talking as normal.

"You know mom, Felis, Fayas and Adrian have joined the dorms. Katrina (one of the six girls, other than our trio) is attending tuition classes every weekend and even Marcus has stopped bunking classes! Seriously, everyone is starting to focus."

"Ofcourse everyone is normal. Only, this precious brain of mine can forget the fact she is already a Grade 10th student, going to attend her Boards in a few hundred days." My mom chuckles.

I adore my parents for being so unrestrictive. Every parent has started to show their darker, stricter side while here are my parents, not even mentioning a word about exams.

"Zay is going to join the dorms very soon I guess. Your Aunt is very serious about this." mom says.

"I don't know what will make him change his mind. But I think with three boys already enrolled, he is a bit more inclined to join them, even if it meant he must attend all those study hours and stuff." I say, with a bit more energy than before.

Now that my state of sleep is put to rest, I jump off the counter and rush to get ready for the day.

The outfit of the day - White tank top, High-waist Black jeans, Black baggy jacket over the top and a cute white bow with a high ponytail. Not that we don't have uniforms, but Saturdays and Wednesdays are the "Half-true school days" where we are given the freedom of dressing up.

I then run a mental checklist of all my chores today

- Class teacher of Xay's : Give her the stickers she had given me to colour.

- Mrs.Preethi (Math) : Inform her that the worksheets she emailed to the office yesterday will be printed by today evening

- Mrs.Punitha (Science) : Ask for suggestions in designing the agenda for Science day coming next month

- Mrs.Ruby - Submit our notice board proposals and give her my mindmaps and notes from our previous years

- Coach - He had asked me to meet him by lunchtime... Can't guess for what.

I arrive early and drop the stickers at the kindergarten. Our class is already bustling with a few boys and girls finishing up their respective proposals.

"So, what do we have for four different themes today? Ours is Space-themed." I say as everyone stops to listen to me.

"Cool! Ours is Farms and Agriculture" says Megan. (Another of the six angels in Class 10)

"Wow! This is so diverse, ours might be a bit boring - Western Ghats and it's Ecosphere" says Asha in a duller voice.

I give her a tight hug, " It's not at all gloomy. I've always wanted to know more about mountains. You have any pictures I could see ?"

This cheered up Asha and she excitedly shows me a few pics of all the animals and canopy of these mountains.

"So, the only All Boys group is yet to submit their idea, is it?" I ask, searching for their Cold Alpha King.