7. A Secret Revealed, part 1

This chapter will be split into three chapters containing about 2000 words each because it is over 6700 words if left alone and I think that is too much for a single part (chapter).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They began to make their way back through the trees as quietly as possible to avoid alerting the men in the clearing. They had made it about halfway back to the path when...

Snap!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person POV:

Arkansas froze for a brief moment when his boot snapped a large stick. However that moment was very brief because almost immediately after freezing the four states took off through the woods running at full speed, not even checking to see if the men in the clearing had heard the snap. They didn't have to, they could hear the shouting and loud footsteps coming from behind them. The states had a decent headstart but the mystery men were fast, if they didn't get to their house soon they were dead meat, and they knew it.

Arkansas' POV:

I can't believe it. How did I not see that stick?! I pulled Oke and the others with off of the path with me, if we didn't follow the path the guys running after us could get lost and we would get to our house quicker to alert mom. All those years of racing my siblings in the woods paid off, I knew exactly which way to go and exactly how to avoid getting stopped or slowed down by a fallen tree. So did the others, I could see out of the corner of my eye Texas jumping over fallen limbs like it was nothing with Louisiana and Oklahoma. I don't know how Louisiana was keeping up with us in that dress of hers but she was running right along side of me pulling Oke along with her. Oklahoma wasn't as good of a runner as the rest of us, but it made sense, he was always walking towards disasters like tornadoes instead of running away like the rest of us. He was having a hard time keeping up but he managed.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, we had reached the edge of the clearing that had our house right in the center of it. We had slowed down a little because we had been running for so long but once we saw our house we sped up using strength I didn't know we even had. The men were pretty far behind us by now since they aren't as familiar with the woods as we are but that only bought us a little time to alert mom so I hoped we could find her or Dixie in time.

Dixie's POV:

Ame got called in about an emergency meeting about a half hour ago, something about another disappearance. This whole thing was getting a bit too serious for my liking, I almost suggested we get the tanks out of the old barn but stopped myself knowing that Ame would probably think I'm overreacting. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the front door open with so much force it slammed into the wall. I looked over towards the mudroom and saw Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma run in almost plowing right into me. " Where's mom?!" Texas yelled "Uh, she's in her office, got called in for another meetin with the other countries" I replied, jabbing a thumb towards America's office on the second floor. As soon as I said that Texas started running up the stairs, taking them two at a time, I tried to stop her but she was too fast and Louisiana grabbed my shirt and said, "Uncle Dix, you have to listen! They're are men with guns in the woods! They saw us trying to get back to the house and ran after us." That got my attention. I could see the panic in their eyes as they tried to give me more details but I couldn't tell what they were saying since they had started talking at the same time. " Alright! Alright! One of you needs to give me as much information as possible, I can't understand ya'll when you talk over one another," I said quickly trying to figure out what to do.