20.

Third person POV:

America pulled out of the parking space and grabbed the radio, turning it on and bringing it near her mouth. "The scout van is leaving, tell everyone to get off of the ramp, ya'll have no more than twenty minutes before you need to leave as well."

Two states ran down the ramp and to Colorado's truck seconds after America finished her message. America waited a bit more to be sure no one else was behind the two before driving to the ramp. As they drove up the ramp and through the ground level, voices sounded over the radio, states seemed to be verifying where other states and provinces had went to. Just as America stopped at the open garage door and reached for the 2-way radio, Dixie's voice came through. "Is everyone accounted for?" he asked gruffly over the radio.

"Yeah," America recognized Colorado's voice respond, "Arizona and New Mexico just switched to my truck last minute."

America picked the radio up, "Everyone should sound off anyways, just to be sure." She put the vehicle in park before picking the radio back up and saying each state and then province's name into it and waiting for them to respond each time, then she asked Dixie and Delaware if the territories were all accounted for. Finally, she began saying each country's and then NATO's name into the radio, each of them responding in a similar fashion as the states, "and Lou, Mass, Tex, Nada, and Britain are with me. Okay, that's everyone, we are leaving now, the rest of you need to wait fifteen to twenty minutes before following, and no detours unless there's a road block, in which case you need to say something over the radio about it."

Various "ok"s and "got it"s sounded over the radio and America put the van back into drive and headed to the road. After they got onto a state highway she sighed and glanced at the time, "Ok, we have just over an hour of daylight left, so we shouldn't run into anything supernatural for a bit." She muttered to herself, loud enough for the others to hear but not directed at them.

Soon enough, the sun began to set, casting orange light over everything in sight. The music over the radio began to grow static-y and America turned it to a rock station that came in much clearer than the previous one.

Barely a half hour into the drive, the three countries in the van got notifications on their phone. Canada groaned as Britain was fumbling with his phone.

"What is it, Can?" America asks her brother. Britain groans as well, albeit quieter, and sets down his phone in an exasperated motion. America sees this from her peripherals and sends a questioning look through the rear view mirror at her brother.

"UN just sent out an email, another emergency meeting has been called, attendance is mandatory or they will assume we have been captured or are in some other kind of danger," Canada says, fatigue and irritation leaking into his voice.

America sighs, "Mass, did you bring along your laptop like I asked?"

"Yeah," comes his response from the middle row of seats.

"I need you to turn it on and then hand it to your uncle Canada so he can log into the meeting."

America hears shuffling behind her, indicating they were doing as they were told.

"Are you sure we'll get a signal out here?" Canada asks from behind her.

"We're passing by a more densely populated area than we have been, plus I have the hot spot on my phone on, so we should have enough," America says with a shrug.

There is more shuffling until Canada announces that he got onto the meeting, but it hasn't been started yet.

"Alright," America says, "pass it up here to Dad so he can set it on the dashboard." As the computer is passed to Britain, America picks up the radio and speaks into it, "The UN just called a mandatory meeting, so all nations have to log on so the others don't think you're dead."