19.

Third person POV:

The morning ruckus that breakfast created turned out to be the perfect distraction for those residing in the Iowa house. As they listened to the sounds of children talking and silverware scraping against ceramic plates the ever-present concern, Phobos, was pushed further back in their minds. 

But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Once breakfast was done and had been cleaned up, the house got quieter and the anxieties of those in the house once more crept to the front of their minds, those of the countries in particular. None of this was helped by the sight of the matriarch of the home. America didn't look worried per say, but the way she quickly walked from room to room, a stony expression as she prepared for the move to the Virginia house did not help the anxieties of the guests. All except those who had visited the states before were used to her near-constant smile and sometimes-foolish optimism at the meetings and were unnerved by her complete change in disposition. 

Soon, it was 4:00pm and all of the visitors had followed the states out of the house after everyone had eaten a small dinner. The Europeans and Canadians stood outside passively watching the Americans, unsure of what to do or how to help as the states, America, and Confederate began setting all of the luggage that was to be taken to the Virginia in a mass of bags and suitcases in the middle of the gravel driveway. 

France stepped forward, out of the group of confused onlookers, but just as she opened her mouth to ask what exactly they were doing, a bag of rock salt appeared in America's hands in a startling flash of electric blue light. It looked to be the same bag that was used to teleport NATO to the Iowa house, so, believing it would be used again for the same purpose, France closed her mouth once more and grabbed her husband's hand, pulling him over to watch. 

Britain made no argument, but the look on his face was anything but pleased. He watched with the others as America walked around the pile of luggage, pouring salt onto the ground as she went. By the time that she had finished making a salt circle around the large pile, Confederate and her states had backed up out of her way and were now watching as well. 

With a flick of her wrist, America opened a pocket knife she took from her belt and unceremoniously sliced her arm with a swift, practiced, downward motion. She crouched near the circle and wiped her blade off on the skin of her palm before returning it to its place on her hip as she let her blood drip down her forearm and onto the salt circle before the wound closed up, leaving stray beads of blood on her arm. She wiped the blood off with her thumb and stood up, stretching her hand out near the circle, as if she were pressing it against a window. The salt ignited into electric blue flames that quickly transformed into a breathtaking aurora borealis of magic that surrounded the luggage. She stuck her right hand into the display and, within mere seconds, the pile faded out of reality in the blink of an eye.

Britain gave a start, not because of the spell like the others, but because, for a fleeting moment, he could've sworn he saw a red glow emanating from behind America's sunglasses. It was only for a moment, but still, he was sure he saw it, and it frightened him a bit. Glowing eyes are not normal, not even in the magical community, he's only heard of monsters with glowing eyes, not people. 

"She moved our things to the Virginia house so we don't have to cram them into the cars," a small voice said as a warm hand slipped into his free one. Britain looked down to see Hawaii, who had walked over to him unseen, she must have mistaken the expression on his face for one of confusion at the spell.

"Ah, yes, that makes sense," he replied simply, not seeing a need to correct the girl about his confusion. 

America turned back to him and the others, the states having already moved to chat with their cousins. He took a good look at her, but there was none of the previous glow to be found. Giving his head a small shake, he concluded that it must have been the glow of the magic reflecting off the red of her skin, it was the only thing he could think of that made any sense and, quite frankly, it was what he wanted to believe.